Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh... When I got a GBA fro my birthday my mom didn't even give me a game with it! So I went out and all I could afford at the time was Pokemon Crystal, which does no justice to the GBA at all, so now I got myself Tetris Worlds which is just Tetris if it had useless "different" modes of play and flashy backgrounds, so now I am off to get Advance Wars in a few hours. But I was wondering if any one could suggest some games besides, Mario Kart, THPS2, Mario Advance, Fortress, and any non-GBA games.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
hmm, how about Love Hina Advance? :p

....really thogh, Golden Sun and Castlevania are good buys, along with Avance GTA (IMO as always)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmm.... castlevania, I played that at some store and it played really nicely (like the ones before it) and look good. As for LH Advance, I just have to say, God damn it! :eek:

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
You just have to get a flash cartridge for LH Advance.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, thats a good one Shiori, next thing you'll say is how I have to get a Next-Gen console. Hahahaha, good one. ( don't you realize I don't have any money?! and when I do it goes to DDR ;) :D :p )

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
You _DONT_ have to spend a lot to play GBA games, you know.... First off, there are emulators that cost nothing to get. Ill leave it to your imagination for the rest of the stuff you need. :p

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Golden Sun and Castlevania rock. The upcoming Breath of Fire might be interesting if you liked the original version. This belongs in misc GBA discussion, so I'm moving it there.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew this belongs in the Misc. GBA discussion, but I know that no one goes there. ;)

>Shiori

I really don't think that Emulating a console that has it's own screen is really good, using the system itself is a lot better. :p

Hey, speaking of GBA have you guys heard of this crazy GBA rip-off?

http://www.gp32.com/korean/main.asp

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
well, at least I don't have to spend on batteries anymore. :p and when i go out, i like to leave my net/gaming life at home.

besides, if my girlfriend saw me with a GBA, she'd confiscate it anyway. :(

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> Hey, speaking of GBA have you guys heard of this crazy GBA rip-off?

Yep. Some people were interested in it a while back, although I have no clue why.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
actually, I'd suspect she'd keep it too....who knows what skillz that girl's hiding....she recently got herself a Palm m505. :eek:

...well, i'm off to pick her up from school now....it's a friday night, so we'll be eating out tonight. See you guys later.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
I bet shiori uses his dating-sim skillz in real life...or the other way round ;)
"Everything I needed to learn about dating I got from Megatokyo and Tokimeki Memorial." On another note, skillz garnered while playing GBA games probably aren't going to help you on dates.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
I bet shiori uses his dating-sim skillz in real life...or the other way round ;)
actually, it'll only work for Japanese girls, so I had to make up my own back then. ;) It's a different style for every different culture.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
>On another note, skillz garnered while playing GBA games probably aren't going to help you on dates.

On a funny side note, my friend, about 2 years ago, got into skating (skateboarding) and one day he had a "revalation", he said, "What impresses girls more? Skating or playing video games?" What a stupid question, but then he said, "Thats right, skating does, so I'm gonna stop playing video games." Man what a fool, about 2 weeks later he said, "awww screw it"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts