Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know GBA emulator which has a multiplayer mode?? Because I can't find anything, and I can't play pokemon in multiplayer mode. (visual boy advance doesn't have this mode) I want to play on two windows simultaneously. (for example TGB Dual) but I want to find such an emulator for GBA. Please help!!

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
There is none. No one has found a way around the problems with trying to have a multiplayer GBA emu, and many authors have explicitly stated that they aren't going to try any more.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Sniper Wolf said:
I rember doing it with a pokemon Red/Blue on a GC emu
However, the GBA link cable can transfer data much faster than your average internet connection, so multiplayer over the net is instantly ruled out, at least for a few years.

Doing what TGB_Dual does would double the requirements of the emulator, in VBA's case, 500MHz bare minimum, so emulating two @ fullspeed would need CPUs in excess of 1GHz.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
There is none. No one has found a way around the problems with trying to have a multiplayer GBA emu, and many authors have explicitly stated that they aren't going to try any more.
You are wrong! :heh:

aarisaanig is right about this but no$gba as well. Again, no$gba version 1.9 was able to do it but 2.3a seem to have a problem. Hopefully, he will fix it in the next version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, full Pokemon Emulation including trading is possible and easy. This includes trading between Ruby, Sapphire, Leafgreen and Firered. The emulator(s) to use are called Visual Boy Advance versions 1.7.2 and 1.8.0.

Check out my easy guide on how to set them up enabling trades every time.

http://http://pokeemu.blogspot.com/

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
save game or save state? Save states are not transferable between different emus, you have to make in in-game battery save.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!
Next time, before posting, read the date of the last post. This thread, for whatever unfathomable reason, seems to pop up every other year. While I appreciate the effort, there are dozens of VBALink tutorial threads making the rounds in the VBA sub-board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!
Next time, before posting, read the date of the last post. This thread, for whatever unfathomable reason, seems to pop up every other year. While I appreciate the effort, there are dozens of VBALink tutorial threads making the rounds in the VBA sub-board.
The reason why this thread keeps getting bumped is because it's the top result if you google the phrase: gameboy emulator trade pokemon

·
Registered
1 Posts
The reason why this thread keeps getting bumped is because it's the top result if you google the phrase: gameboy emulator trade pokemon
Ha ha ... yea this thread has been really helpful if not sporadic, now if we could just get some posts on linking NDS emulators for pokemon that would be GREAT!

... and who cares if some posts are years apart gba is not so popular anymore, ever since NDS came out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts