Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have guantlet on cd, but my ps1 is broke junk, sio im useing this emu, i use it for many many games and they allw orkf ine, but for sme reason the load times for gauntlet are SO SLOW so can anyone help?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
indeed.

admins don't take kindly to multiple posts in various sections.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Personal jabs should cease, else there might be consequences.
And now back to emulation.

There could be any reasons behind why it loads slow. Help people help you, by providing basic details about your problem (a game being 'slow' is not very informative)

First:
- what are your hrdware specs? Graphic card, processor...
- What plugins were you using? What settings for the GPU one?

It could be an underoptimally configured ISO/CDR plugin (without asynced prefetches).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its just the loading between swaping to diff parts of the game, as i said i know it isnt my pc ive playied over 100+ roms games on the emu and NO issues for non, its only on the loading screens, i saw another guy posted this a mod, but he didnt get any help/post any help

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Use pete's cdr plugin, pick async prefetching, enable the 4megabytes cache. This should allow faster readaheads and keep more data cached (so as to not needing rereading from cd).

Any difference?
If its unbearably slow, you could rip the disc into a disc image, should be -much- faster. IF youre reading from a CD, its in fact even normal for loading screens to be 'slow' (compared to using an ISO).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.