Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
oO after reading the first page of hte article, I downloaded Picasa2. It has to be the coolest image editor I've seen! Sure it doesn't have advanced cropping features, but I can do all the stuff that I used PSP for in it, it's fast, it's got a cool image browser, it's got cool photo filters (which I would have killed for 2 weeks ago. You know how annoying it is do to in APS?)
Well that's gonna be replacing PSP for me anyway. If they add in features for actual editing rather than just tweaking it'd be a shoe in for replacing APS....
Google are definately on the up.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
cloudvii said:
Interesting. But I've always believed that competition's profit is mainly for consumer. Just their first attempt for emails were 1000 GB which was 500 times Hotmail (2mb). And when Hotmail raised it to 250 mb, Google made it over 2 GB :p .
Too bad Yahoo left Google for Altavista :sarcasm:
Im sorry to correct you, but 1000GB?!?! That would be 1 Tera.....
Man, just loved this article....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Valcrist said:
Hmm...google OS sounds like an excellent idea.....espcieally if they work with apple :D
If google does cater to Apple as well, it'll be a smart move on there behalf and will further guarantee money in there pockets. It'll also make Bill Gates more pissy. :thumb:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, perhaphs, its time Mircosoft ends its reign as king of software and just settle for second or even third best. Besides, it is their complacency that got them where they are and because Google continues to send out new "free" toys everytime it will always attract more customers to them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
well, it's about high-time for serious competition to come along. I'm all FOR the idea of a Google OS. I never did like limited choices much ( Which was: on the one hand Microsoft on the other hand ...uhm...Microsoft.)

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
If google does cater to Apple as well, it'll be a smart move on there behalf and will further guarantee money in there pockets. It'll also make Bill Gates more pissy.
Hmm... must I remember you that Microsoft is one of Apple's main shareholders? :p (and also the one that saved them from bankrupcy some years ago ^_^)

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
googles servers are linux so they would probably make an os for Pc and mac, not wanting to alienate one particular group,and that makes better business sense.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Actually it was Microsoft, or Apple.
Not much to work with in the world of Apple if you are a seriously into gaming, which actually just left me with Microsoft to start with :p .

·
Registered
294 Posts
permethium said:
Not much to work with in the world of Apple if you are a seriously into gaming, which actually just left me with Microsoft to start with :p .
Regardless of what the purpose is, it's still a wise move on google's behalf.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
That was a very good article, I'm looking forward to the new stuff that each puts out.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Not much to work with in the world of Apple if you are a seriously into gaming, which actually just left me with Microsoft to start with.
There are plenty of good games on mac, mostly just the big titles, and usually they come out 2-4 months after the PC version (unless its blizzard) but still...

If they came out with an OS that worked on apple computers as well as x86's, I would be a very happy camper, though this is very unlikely, there are some linux distros that do both however.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts