Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IGN: 2008: Console Showdown - PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360

In a stroke of genius on behalf of IGN they have announced the console with the best exclusive games of the year which can only result in a **** storm of cries from 'fanboys' of all colours and creeds and creates a chance for them to push each other out of the way so they can declare as 'fact' (or rather justify their purchase) as to why their console of choice is better than the competitors.

This got me thinking, is this good gaming journalism? I know that single console based magazines thrive off of bashing the other brands for their products and I get a good laugh out of it, but to come from a multi-platform source it just seems like an excuse to create a ****storm.

It just seems to me that these days journalists are so very focused with nitpicking every little bad thing out of a console and while it is necessary to expose the flaws out of a product, the writers methods often come across as being solely negative and neglect to add any flare to their articles to make them interesting to read. Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw manages to stand head and shoulders above the field in reviewing games as the amount of hilarity in his content makes it quite a good listen or read.

I dunno, maybe I'm just tired of current journalistic trends.

So what are your thoughts on the current state of gaming journalism?

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
If you're a gamer, you're biased, simple as that. I think they're that nit picky nowadays because of all the POS games that were quickly made with only money in mind. You can't really blame them for being critical with todays releases :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts