Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the XBOX, not its successor. I thought people here might want to know about it.
I'm disappointed, I liked buying used games from Gamestop. Obviously it will take a while before they sell out of games, but when they do, damn...

I wonder if the Gamecube will be next?

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I have seen allot of xbox games in the second hand bins where they are trying to flog them off at prices I think are a little too high, around 30 dollars a piece where I feel they should be sold for a tenner. The fact that they aren't selling the games is why I feel they should sell em off for cheap.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I have seen allot of xbox games in the second hand bins where they are trying to flog them off at prices I think are a little too high, around 30 dollars a piece where I feel they should be sold for a tenner. The fact that they aren't selling the games is why I feel they should sell em off for cheap.
That's one nice thing about Germany (and possibly the rest of the EU as well) at least for PC games unless they were really popular and big releases you quickly see them drop into the bargain bin at like 10 or 5 Euros

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Things like this make me wonder if Gamestop and G4 are collaborating together...

IMO that's [email protected]#%ed up. I never understood why some people have such a huge distaste and overall lack of respect for the Xbox1. I know it's from Microsoft, but it's still a great console if you actually take time to look at the games available for it besides Ninja Gaiden, JSRF, Halo, and all of the other highly popular titles. Games like Azurik: Rize of Perathia, Nightcaster, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Sega GT, Gun Valkyrie, Panzer Dragoon, and so many other titles exclusive to it never got the recognition they deserved. *Sigh*, oh well. They just don't make great games/consoles like they used to (nor do they support them as much).

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things like this make me wonder if Gamestop and G4 are collaborating together...

IMO that's [email protected]#%ed up. I never understood why some people have such a huge distaste and overall lack of respect for the Xbox1. I know it's from Microsoft, but it's still a great console if you actually take time to look at the games available for it besides Ninja Gaiden, JSRF, Halo, and all of the other highly popular titles. Games like Azurik: Rize of Perathia, Nightcaster, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Sega GT, Gun Valkyrie, Panzer Dragoon, and so many other titles exclusive to it never got the recognition they deserved. *Sigh*, oh well. They just don't make great games/consoles like they used to (nor do they support them as much).
I started out hating it, when they "stole" Shenmue II from American Dreamcast gamers that really pissed me off, yet somehow I got the game *Import* and then I purchased a used XBOX, and I like a number of games for the system.

technically, I gave it to my girlfriend, and she loves it as well. I'm saddened by it's passing at Gamestop. If they offer any discounts on the "overpriced" games I might snag a few before they're gone.

I'd say the XBOX is a system I like, but it isn't a Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, or Gamecube. Still it has a number of great games, more than the Dreamcast, and might be my 4th favorite system.

1st, PS2; 2nd Wii/Dreamcast, 4th Super Nintendo/XBOX.

The Wii only gets 2nd for legal emulation, Wii, and Gamecube support! Nice!

:wub:

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did I just say?

I LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING ELSE WITHIN A 100 MILE RADIUS OTHER THAN ABOUT 7 GAMESTOPS/EBGAMES.
Other than a FYE and a privately owned 2nd hand gaming store, that's the same with me, but I purchased my XBOX in 2006, so I've had time to build a library.

I think the Gamestops will have XBOX games for a while, just because they stop taking them in, doesn't mean what's in will sell out too quickly, until they heavily discount it.

The local Gamestop near me still has plenty of Game Boy/Color games and they've been discounted 75%, 85% if you have an edge card, for months. The last count I heard was ~80 games.

I'd just start picking up what you want from paycheck to paycheck, I found many great games under $5, and I'd imagine you would be able to build a decent library by the time the games are sold out, plus you can buy gift cards and buy XBOX games online until they're sold out as well.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Gamestop sucks and they're a bunch of sellouts. Gamestop is a monopoly (it bought all/most of its competitors out), and there there really is no real alternative to them. Though, sometimes I go there to get stuff because it's the only place dedicated to games. It's not out of choice, it's because in most cases, it's my only option. Their sales suck, because they don't have any sales (on Black Friday, they always put out a paper, but have no discounts, they charge full price). Good thing that there is a Power Gamer (independent used gaming/import store near my girlfriend's house, which is absolutely awesome) so that I can keep my sanity. **** off Gamestop.

·
<font color="#FF0080"><b>Moderator<font color="#AA
3,602 Posts
EB games in Australia are selling all of there Xbox(1) games for $7 or $13 each.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Games like Azurik: Rize of Perathia ..., and so many other titles exclusive to it never got the recognition they deserved. *Sigh*, oh well. They just don't make great games/consoles like they used to (nor do they support them as much).
True.
If I ever get a XBOX, I will get that one game based on your eternal recommendation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts