Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Gamestops and an EBGames within a mile of where I live. I visited the Gamestops today to browse their PSX and N64 used and new selections...

...and found none. I only checked the PSX used titles in the first store, but they told me they no longer carry them, and had yesterday sent them back to corporate.

I don't know if it's just the one store or a corporate decision, but my money's on corporate. The XBox360 is coming out in a few days, and the PS3 next spring, so they need the space in the stores. I'd also guess this means an end to trading in PSX games at Gamestop, and with the purchase of EBGames the same thing will be happening there.

It's the end of an era, folks. I for one will be sad to see it go.

Dan

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
What game was the last one to be released, and at which date?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
um, Cid, i think you misunderstand. PSX games havent been released new for quite some time. what dbhankins is talking about is the used section at gamestop.

i'll have to verify this...there is a gamestop pretty close to my house, that's where i get my PSX games, in fact i just bought Crash Bandicoot 3 a few weeks ago. if this is true for every store ill be very very sad :(

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I understood what he was saying, and to me it only makes sense they stop carrying psx stuff. Within a year you might find PS2 and Xbox stuff lying at that spot because the PS3 and Xbox360 are the best thing. However it's a shame it's done quietly, I think there are a lot of gamers like you that would like to go through the shop one final time to go on a hunt for PSX games, right?

But I was really wondering about when the final psone game was released.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i hate the fact that they are cancelling this stuff. i remember about 5 years ago when they stopped carrying SNES and NES games...'twas a sad day. they brought it back later but then recancelled it :(

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Viva la pawn shops, thats where I get my used games :) Hell, even if you pay 5 bucks for a scratched up game, you can always get the disc repaired elsewhere for 40 cents a disc etc.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
If you want used PSX and classic console games just go to a flea market in your area. The ones I go to have tons of old console and used NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSX and other games. The older consoles go for like 30 dollars and the games are only a few bucks.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well, sir, it has been determined that your gamestops suck!

i mentioned this, woefully, to my friend who works at Gamestop. she was confused...she told me her store still carries PSX games. i told her to really make sure, and she had work that day, so when she came home she told me that yep, she's still carrying PSX games.

so i decided to check it out for myself. i went to my local gamestop (over on Sloat in SF for anyone who lives in SF and wants to see hushy shopping for PSX games...) and sure enough, the PSX section is as busy as ever. i even got Legend of Dragoon for $9.75 including tax (9.99 - 10% discount for Gamestop card = 8.99 + tax) :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
that sucks. the ones in San Jose and here in San Francisco arent that small--i've seen bigger ones in Orange County--but there is room for PSX games. i havent seen DC games in nor cal for a while, though (they still have a lot in so cal).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well its too bad, gone are the chances of finding ogre battle and tactics ogre on your gamestop...Well everything has an end it was a shame when Gamestop and EB stopped carrying dreamcast games but then again I own every single dreamcast game I ever wanted. This sure makes me feel old'er...
Valkyrie profile and Vagrant story still own every RPG for PS2,GC and Xbox.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
wow, good luck actually finding valkyrie profile around o_O my friend had it, i played it for a bit (i think i made a thread on it :p ) and i offered to buy it from him and he said no. vagrant story..man i wish i had that too. sigh. i'd snatch those both up in a second if given the opportunity....

·
Registered
210 Posts
hushypushy said:
wow, good luck actually finding valkyrie profile around o_O my friend had it, i played it for a bit (i think i made a thread on it :p ) and i offered to buy it from him and he said no. vagrant story..man i wish i had that too. sigh. i'd snatch those both up in a second if given the opportunity....
I have it!!!
YES!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.