Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
English: Xenosaga and Final Fantasy X / X-2 had exceptionally good voice acting.
German: Primal has the best german voice acting I've ever heard in a game. Monkey Island 3 and Sam&Max were also nice, but not as good as Primal.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
These are all off the top of my head.. (i know i'll think of more later)

Broken Sword Series
Metal Gear Solid Series
XenoSaga
Final Fantasy X & X-2
Forgotten Realm's: Demon Stone
Dark Cloud 2
Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City
Deus Ex 1 & 2
Thief series
Kingdom Hearts
Star Wars:Bounty Hunter
Grandia 2
Devil May Cry 1 (not 2)
Arc the Lad:Twilight of the spirits (minus 1 or 2 voices)
Halo

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
FFX and X-2? Bleh... although like I said in another thread, I think the main problems were the awkwardly written dialogue and weird pacing and timing of lines. As most people will say, the MGS franchise has awesome English voice acting. Alot of games developed in the US or Europe (and alot of PC games) have really great voice acting...

GTA games
Mafia
Planescape Torment, the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Fallout games
Knights of the Old Republic
Wing Commander games
NOLF games (absolutely hilarious voice acting)
Kingpin (definitely rated "M" for mature though... makes the dialogue from the GTA games look like a nursery rhyme!)
Max Payne games
Legacy of Kain and Soulreaver games
Almost every LucasArts adventure game (Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Loom, etc.)
Many Sierra adventure game series (King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Gabriel Knight, etc.)
Warcraft III
Eternal Darkness
Jak & Daxter games
Ratchet & Clank games
Splinter Cell games

Like I said, alot of games that come from the US or Europe, especially PC games, have had some pretty stellar voice acting. I don't know why it seems the Japanese companies get crappy English language voice actors... Like I said, so many of the games from Japan are already very poorly localized, resulting in really strange sounding and awkward dialogue that makes the voices, regardless of the actually skill of the delivery, sound really crappy. Of course, alot of the voice actors just aren't that good on top of it, which just makes it sound like total ****.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I was kind of impressed with Star Wars - KOTOR voice acting. They really did their job seriously. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Max Payne games
Broken sword games
Leisure Suit Larry games
Splinter Cell games
Sam & Max
Full Throttle
Day Of The Tentacle
Kingdom Hearts
Dark Chronicle
Grandia 2
Xenosaga
Final Fantasy X & X2
Lunar games

thats all I can think of atm

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
I can't believe you forgot to mention the Diablo series, and pretty much everything from Blizzard has great voice acting.
Postal 2 (freaking hilarious "Die infidels!!!")
most other games have already been mentioned
The worst voice acting i have ever heard in my life was in Aquanox, the voices are horrible.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
I forgot: Conker's Bad Fur Day :D , especially that Slopranos theme and the cut-scene that comes when meeting Gregg The Grim Reaper.
The worst: The German MGS and the german Legend Of Dragoon (they seem to have used only two different actors for this one)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
metal guear
starcraft
max payne
doom 3
legacy of kain
command and conquer series

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
The Baldur's Gate saga, Planetscape Torment, Grandia II, Lunar TSS, Lunar II EB, Starcraft, Broodwars, Warcraft 3, Full Throttle, The Dig, The Legend of Kyrandia: Book 3... those are all the ones I can think of...

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
above all i believe grim fandango... then...
curse of monkey island
starcraft
and warcraft 3

i hated lunar's voice acting... then again i did play the psx version, but for what i can say about it, it was horrible, the cheesiest, cra**iest voice acting ive seen in any game aside from valkyre profile and only since all of vp's voiceacting was Waaaaaay too melodramatic... you dont take 15 seconds to say "i opened the door" and you dont say door as if it's your childhood nemesis who you want to kill
the only voice acting in halo i remember was of the caretaker and master chief, both of which sucked, the caretaker sounded like a complete nerd and master chief sounded like a typical army buffoon

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Max Payne & Mafia are at the top of my list. I also didn't mind Deus Ex (1 or 2), KotOR, or as someone said before, most Blizzard games have pretty excellent voice work.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
C&C1! The villagers sounded so .... gay.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Grandia 2 without a doubt, but also MGS... (those had the same actors :p)

Slightly offtopic but:
Can anyone confirm that Soul Calibur and Dead Or Alive 2 (both Japanese voices) have the same actors? I heard some familiar voices in DOA2 :p

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Valkyrie Profile has a great voice acting!
ugh, like i said before, way too overcompensated, sounded like a bunch of inexperienced actors trying to perform opera

the Legacy of Kain series, no doubt about it.
forgot about that one, great voice acting in there too

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Strider said:
i hated lunar's voice acting... then again i did play the psx version, but for what i can say about it, it was horrible, the cheesiest, cra**iest voice acting ive seen in any game (...)
SSSC was a PoS in every aspect. TSS featured much better voice acting. EBC's speeches were mostly ported from EB though they sounded a bit worse than in the original version (don't ask me why... same happens with the music).

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I'm suprised noone has mentioned the new Star Ocean yet. I think it has exceptional voice acting.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts