Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
its HYPED and Driv3r is the last one i can think of. I hear Battlefront ain't that great either.
Yeah battlefront blows imo. Yay starwars, thats about as fun as the game gets.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Halo is good but not that great, but it's hyped up for one reason, and that reason is the multiplayer
Halo is the only FPS (well goldeneye64 on its time) that keeps me playing for hours with my friends, specially because only a single TV and console is needed (since I'm the only one that likes comps)

As for me, I can't say much. I'd say everquest but it seemed so horrible to me that I only played it for 20 minutes (not enough to say it's a bad game, but not that I don't like MMO's)

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
The Matrix was 'horrible', Deus Ex Invisible War for the PC wasn't very good, neither was Spiderman 2...
And to add controversy, Doom 3 while not 'horrible' or 'awful' wasn't 'all that' so to speak...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Spiderman 2 was afull, but at one point I actually wanted to buy it, I went to Best Buy(i think), and there it was on one of those tv's, I played it for about a minude and it made me sick, that thing cept me from making a huge mistake...

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
IMO Final Fantasy 9 & 11 are over hyped. Here's my list from the top of my head: Street Fighter 3, Driv3r, Doom 3, Spiderman 2, every Ion Storm game, every Zelda games and Xbox (yeah, the console!).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Are we to distinguish between fan hype or company hype? I think those are two completely different things. Take Doom 3 for example, there wasn't a huge amount of hype from the id and Activision side but the hype on the fan side was HUGE just because it was Doom. Also, in the case of Final Fantasy, Square doesn't have to put much effort into hyping it since the name Final Fantasy is enough to wet enough peoples' diapers, I mean pants. :p Does anyone else feel this way or am I just wrong? Do you distinguish between different types of hype? (Ooh, mad rhyming)

And I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the most ultimately hyped and crappiest game ever...Daikatana. I luckily never succummed to becoming John Romero's *****.

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Mr.Smith said:
And I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the most ultimately hyped and crappiest game ever...Daikatana. I luckily never succummed to becoming John Romero's *****.
Well, lI said "every Ion Storm game". Isn't Daikatana a Ion Storm game???

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Mr.Smith said:
Oh yeah...damn. :(

Deus Ex wasn't that hyped that...neither was Anachronox. Deus Ex 2 was.
Um I said Deus Ex Invisible War... That IS Deus Ex 2 silly! :cuss2: :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
There's only 2 that I can think of at the moment.
Street Racing Syndicate. It was company hyped to be the BEST street racing game ever. With elements all the others mixed in. I'll admit it's alright, I've put about 10 hours into it. I had way more fun with the Tokyo Extreme Racers on Dreamcast/PS2 than I ever will with this game.

Fable. That is probably the most over-hyped game ever. Almost everything the company said about the games features are lies. It's the shortest rpg that i've ever played. And that's WITH leveling up. The game is so easy you really don't have to do that. I won't go into details 'cause it will make for a huge debate, and it's been over discussed on other boards. Was a lil fun though...

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea. I heard Fable was a mediocre game. Hmmm Doom 3 was just Okay. A decent shooter. I didn't particularly find the graphics that impressive either.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
FF7 VII , good game, but way over hyped

now thanks to us, Square-enix decided to butcher that cow with all sorts of sequels and spin offs

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Mr.Smith said:
I know...I was just saying it was overhyped too. No reason to get all riled up about it. ;)
Well I disagree! I thought the first game was good! oO
And I wasn't riled :evil: I liked the smilies! :wub:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hmm, on the Doom3 issue, it's more a case of fans being disappointed by teh game not being a mindless shooter more than anything else, I pretty much loved Doom3 cause for once, I didn't have to rush and slaughter mindlessly, here I could take my time and all.

As for me, the most overhyped game ever is definitly Metal Gear Solid 2, everyone was talking how it'd be awesome, Konami showed missleading trailers (I'll go as far as saying they lied on purpose as to not lower sales, you just have to look at the back of the game's box, you don't even see Raiden), but in the end, the game was pretty much empty story wise, at least it had awesome gameplay.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts