Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using ePSXe to play Final Fantasy 9, (on three different computers, at that), and only on my computer, the game often runs too fast. YES, I have it set at 60 FPS frame limit, and I DO have frame limit turned on.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+
Ram: 1918 MB
Vid card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (512 MB memory)

Settings:

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.17
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Window mode
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 0

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60.0

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

I've tried several other settings as well, and it still happens. Also, it didn't happen with the other two computers (both of which are supposed to be inferior to mine)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found out it's probably because of my dual core processor. I saw this:

You've got a dual core processor. Didn't notice before. You need to modify your ePSXe.exe so it runs all its threads on a single core. Check this link:

http://www.quandaryland.com/jsp/dispArticle.jsp?filename=/help/Steves_XP_Games_Corner.htm&articleType=Help!+Page&title=Steve's+XP+Games+Corner

Search the page for "hyperthreading". The fix for hyperthreading will also work for multi-core systems.

Dan
However, the link is dead. Does anyone know what to do?

EDIT:

"Hey i have a dual core processor as well and i was trying to run FFIX. The easiest way is to do this.

Whenever you open your emulator open up task manager (alt+ctrl+del) then goto the process tab. find the process epsxe.exe, right click on the process and choose set affinity. Once in this menu uncheck the CPU 1 checkbox but leave CPU 0 checked. Click OK and close task manager, now your game should take a little longer to open ut will run at proper speed. !

Have fun and thanks Shendo for the idea."

I found this post too. I have a feeling this is it; anyone have any other solutions, post anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.