Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason whenever i run a game the menus will seem to go fine...but once i load a level it will run ridiculously slow....twisted metal 4 for example....the menus are fine...maybe with a little lag...and then gameplay is literally just going frame by frame....but the strange thing is that one of the levels works fine...and its not just the disc because i have tried other games and they go slow too... ex..final fantasy will go fine until i get into a battle...then everyhting is horrible...i have a decent machine...surely something enough to process playstation graphics...i dont know what plugin to use or what settings to apply to them once i have found the right one.....its just so confusing, i wihs i knew more about this, i am using an 'intel extreme graphics 2 for mobile' graphics card if that helps....someone just please help me...getting this to work would jsut ultimately be awesome, thank you

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Can you please state the speed of your CPU, and the amount of RAM you have? Also, which plugins are you using? With IntelXG I think it's best to either use the regular OGL, D3d or peops software plugin.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
try just using peops software plugin. since you're on a laptop, make sure you are plugged in and/or all power saving features are off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1.60 ghz, and i have 480 ram.....and i ahve tried several plugins, the d3d didnt work, i havnt thried peops or ogl though, but maybe the d3d does work and i just dont know how to tune the settings under configuration, and by turning off 'All' power saving options do you mean the whole shabang, monitor cant turn off after 30 mins, hard disks cant turn off after an hour, should i set all of that to 'never'. i really appreciate you guys helping me, i know i dont know half as much as you guys know about this and its probably a pain in the ass helping me, but im not a complete idiot, so thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just tried the preset 'nice' in peops...didnt work though, i jsut cant figure this out, it doesnt make any sense that one of the levels would work fine and the others wouldnt, oh and for sound i am using peops, and for the cd drive i am using the epsxe core, dont know if that might have anything to do with it

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've noticed that on laptops (I'm doing some research into this still, so bear with me,) ePSXe runs games a little slower.

I'm putting together an ePSXe-optimized version of Slax, which I will test on all the laptops I can get my hands on, as well as desktops (just to be thorough) to check if there's some common limitations in the way laptops work that degrades performance.

What I do know, however, is that there's quite a bit of tweaking involved to make a shared video card work correctly. Like you, I have to share 32 megs of memory with my video card, which may play a rather big part in slowdowns.

Oh... the Eternal SPU is a sound plugin.

EDIT: Framerate limit ought to do it. Congrats. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
well thanks man, good luck with ur research, and thanks to everyone else who is helpin me out, its come a long way from what it started out as, now i cant even open it up haha, but its gettin there

Edit: everything is almost good now, but now it went from too fast to too slow, not nearly as slow as before, but still slow, what can i do

sorry dude, i am not too familiar with forum stuff

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
unaturadisaster: No need for a double post. If you have something to add to what you've already posted, just edit your last post.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.