Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got back on my epsxe mood after like 9 years. A lot has changed with technology since and I can't seem to figure out how to make it run properly now.
I used the basic setup guide on here with no luck and couple of current youtube video setup guides with the same results.

Anyone having similar issues?
Resident Evil 2 runs way too fast when I use the youtube guides and it runs too slow when i use the basic setup guide on here. Dino Crisis runs awful with it's cutscenes so I assumed the gameplay would be the same. Silent Hill starts MEGA ULTRA SLOW, can't even get to the main menu because shit takes way too long.
Audio is also kinda laggy and when I use my xbox controller the joystick and d-pad are too sensitive like when i try to go from new game to options on a menu it skips over the load game and whatever else is between the two as if the sensitivity is too sensitive.

Anyhoo, here are my PC specs?
Sorry I'm new as hell when it comes to specs so hopefully this info helps?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
64 bit operating system
Intel HD 620 Graphics Processor
Windows 10

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use these guides.
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-basic-setup-guide-windows.204673/
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-plugin-guide-windows.206072/

Use gpucore plugin for graphics, Intel HD graphics card have issues with opengl 2.
If game runs slow use 1x internal resolution.
Otherwise get a dedicated external graphic card.
Thanks, I tried the settings you showed me and fiddled around but no luck.
The game runs way too fast, it's like if RE2 took a few lines of coke and did some speed cause I can't keep up and the controller is ultra sensitive.
The audio is choppy and has a delay effect too. Looks like I need to upgrade or get the cables for my ps1. :(

·
Not a Registered User
1,305 Posts
No, what you need to do is follow those guides to the letter.

For example you have to set cpu overclocking to 1x otherwise epsxe will crash or games will run to fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks dude, that helped a lot. still had to mess with the settings a tad bit but it works perfectly fine now.

i'mma take care of you when my mixtape drop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts