Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
after you helped me before a few weeks, now everything works fine...but i need your help again: but maybe it's just a "beginner" question:

i think all games look "distorded"...i often play iss pro evolution 2 and i can't read the menu text very well...all letters are (don't know the right english word) not very well readable...hope you know what i mean...

i sometimes can play the game with a friend on his "real" psx and
there also the players are in correct "format"...when i play the game with epsxe i think the players are too "high" - i mean they don't have the same size as in the original game...

i use the pal game...maybe some tipps to get the menu-text more readable? and the players in correct size?
i use the settings in my thread "http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3155" member Rargh gave me...once more: games are working fine...

thanx
Thobo

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
well for one you probably aren't using a resolution that maintains the correct aspect ratio. As for the fuzzy letters, turn off sprite filtering (I think? or maybe it is just background filtering? blah, just turn it all off!) and that should make the text readable albeit grainy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for "filtering" tipp...works perfect...
but what is the correct size? and how can i change it in the fullmode screen? i think, there are only "standard" window-sizes...

and thanx again

B

·
0 Posts
to make the emu fullscreen just press alt+enter while its running..it will also make your games go a bit faster

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I believe he meant adding resolutions to the list of res for fullscreen mode. I forget how to do it, think you add them in your registery somewhere, you'll have to wait til someone who remembers posts how. Depends upon your video card too, whether it supports non-standard resolutions or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, i think iss pro 2 is a game for 16:9 resolution...i tried the window mode and set it to 960:540 and i think the game looks okay then...so i wish for the future in fullscreen to set video-modes to 16:9 (it would not disturb me, if there were black lines - like you watch 16:9 on a normal 4:3 tv...)
but maybe someone knows a trick?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts