Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Oh joy, that article has a crazy frog add in it :rolleyes:

How in the name of Islamic Fonzie did we ever let games get away with "Loading..." screens? The Gamecube doesn't have those, not on the games made by Nintendo. Hell, the 8-bit NES didn't have load screens 20 years ago. Our favorite TV shows don't load. DVD movies don't load between scenes. The animals at the zoo don't load.
Did that guy ever hear of the benefit of cartridges? :rolleyes:

9. Immersion and the invisible hand of God
This part is one very good point of critic :)

Don't show my character casting magic meteors that smash mountains in one scene and in the next send me all over the dungeon trying to find a single key to a rickety wooden door that looks like it could be knocked in with a strong shoulder. Make it a magic door, a huge door, fine, but don't make it an arbitrary door that only remains closed because that's what the plot requires.
:lol:

Instant-Failure Stealth Levels.
Just read this part yourself, not going to spoil it :rotflmao:

Great stuff :thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres some "adult language" and words like "nipples" that probably triggered that kaneda, give it a look when ya get home

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
it doesn't have to be 'adult language' sometimes it just pops up and I can't do anything about it, but it realy made me laugh in this case :D

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I read it a few days ago and thought it was super funny, and for the most part true. Especially about the boxes, LOL.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Jesus christ that was a lot to read...the guy is right though.

·
54 Posts
this only makes me realize how much games today suck and also helps me remember why i havn't bought a game in about a year.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I try to look for the few innovative games out there, since I have lost all interest games that are nothing but rehashes of old ideas. The games that I've been playing lately are either completely original creations like Super Monkey Ball or Katamari Damancy (major props to the guy who made that site for including a picture of it as an example of innovative gameplay), or games that you can play over and over without getting bored of them like DDR or DOA2U with it's online play. I've gotta say though, it's getting harder and harder to find new games that interest me. My life is getting to the point where I won't have time for those kind of thing much longer unless I make time, so I can't justify spending hours on a game that is virtually identical to a million other games I've tried. If the game develpers can't muster a little originality once in a while, then they've just lost themselves a customer.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I find his part about spy games to be amusing. Why? Because most people don't WANT to play a game like that at all. Lots of stealth games give you the option to kill no one, be very unviolent, and focus on the actual spying... most people tend to just kill everyone though cause it's either more fun or easier. The Hitman games tend to be viewed as "lesser" stealth games than MGS or Splinter Cell games, but I think playing them on the highest difficulty setting (especially when you aim for the Silent Assassin rank, where you have to be more or less perfect) are the epitome of that guy's ideal stealth game. You have to be a master of stealth, timing, watching and listening to your enemies, etc. You die after just a couple of bullets, and (to get the Silent Assassin rank) go through missions without firing a single shot or killing a single guard.

·
54 Posts
how would u know ppl wouldn't enjoy a game where u had to be a true spy? OR the island thing, i would find that very challenging and fun. Those types of games would most likely be the ones that hook the casual gamer.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Rhombus said:
I find his part about spy games to be amusing. Why? Because most people don't WANT to play a game like that at all. Lots of stealth games give you the option to kill no one, be very unviolent, and focus on the actual spying... most people tend to just kill everyone though cause it's either more fun or easier. The Hitman games tend to be viewed as "lesser" stealth games than MGS or Splinter Cell games, but I think playing them on the highest difficulty setting (especially when you aim for the Silent Assassin rank, where you have to be more or less perfect) are the epitome of that guy's ideal stealth game. You have to be a master of stealth, timing, watching and listening to your enemies, etc. You die after just a couple of bullets, and (to get the Silent Assassin rank) go through missions without firing a single shot or killing a single guard.
Thief series come to mind as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts