Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the PSX controller, can anyone recommend me a PC gamepad that works well in epsxe 1.20? Particularly gamepads which have analog control and force feedback.

My friend told me to buy one of these two.
1.Logitech WingMan RumblePad
2.Guillemot Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power Gamepad

However, i don't know whether they'll work with epsxe.
I wanna feel the engine in GT2! ;)

S

·
0 Posts
I have the Logitec Wingman ForceFeedback controller. It works perfectly w/ePSXe and you can set it's rumble to 150%, which is stronger than an actual PSX dual shock controller. It is a great PC pad and I believe you will be very pleased w/it. I tried the Thrustmaster game pad, but I could not calibrate it and i could barley feel the rumble feature, even with rumble set all the way up.
I would reccommend the Wingman rumble pad in a second and Wormie, who is somewhat of an expert on these, reccommends it also. Hope this helps.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I was thinking of getting the Thrustmaster but heard about it having some problems. Well, I guess I'm gonna get the Wingman then. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gravis Gamepad Pro works...

... pretty decently. No rumbling or anything, but it's almost exactly like a PS controller without the analog sticks. Not bad for 10-15 bucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
*ahem* Rather, the Gravis Gamepad Pro works rather well. Appears the subject title didn't show... anywho... =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I second the recommendation on the Logitech Wingman Rumblepad. Seems to need some sensitivity adjustment but aside from that it is WORLDS better than the Hammerhead... and it doesn't require batteries either! I absolutely love the logitech controller.

S

·
0 Posts
yes, the thrustmaster has problems for me too....at first I thought it worked ok but it doesn't like an usb hub, which I needed because it ate too much power from my power supply. However, I sold it to a friend who didnt have problems with it.....so it might work for other people too. I still have a similar pad now, but the one without force feedback.....yes, too bad, but I had so many issues with the ff that I don't mind not having it right now.

..and there were a few more PC problems that made things worse..

I used to have the combination p2 350, intel i740 card and 2 voodoo2's
...I upgraded earlier this year, to p3 800 and geforce 2 mx...and left my voodoocards in....which was a big mistake with a regular power supply...I now know why epsxe was unstable....
anyways, not knowing what was wrong at first, I though there were just compatibility issues and when I saw the ff pad I bought it and connected it , still without usb hub...of course that caused quite a few crashes, so I decided to get a hub....this however, didnt work well with the pad together and the crashes remained....
so I talked to a person in a pc shop and of course he advised me to throw out the voodoo cards immediately! Stupid that I'd never thought of this before, probably because I never had major problems....well, anyways, even though I had multiple crashes nothing was broken or damaged, I spend a week trying everything out and the system now runs very stable, still with the same power supply but without the voodoocards and rumble pad...of course the other 2 (webcam and non-ff pad) are connected using the hub now so they don't eat up any power anymore....
....everything works fine again now, and of course I'm happy with that but I guess you can imagine I wont try another gamepad anytime soon :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts