Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good gamepad, but i don't seem to find one.. :)

If i had to make a choice now I would take this one: http://www.gravis.com/products/eliminator.htm

But I'm actually more interested in a dual shock thingy (duh, who's not :))
But PC hardware seems to fail once again.. Although I did see a really good looking gamepad once..

Anybody knows a good controller? And no! Not that terrible Gravis GamePad Pro thing! :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why don't you buy a real Sony-Dual-Shock-Controller? You need then an USB-Adapter to plug it on your computer. It seems that the v1.2 of ePSXe have full support for authentic analog controllers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by Tekka
I'm looking for a good gamepad, but i don't seem to find one.. :)

If i had to make a choice now I would take this one: http://www.gravis.com/products/eliminator.htm

But I'm actually more interested in a dual shock thingy (duh, who's not :))
But PC hardware seems to fail once again.. Although I did see a really good looking gamepad once..

Anybody knows a good controller? And no! Not that terrible Gravis GamePad Pro thing! :D
i own the eliminator aftershock

it is a sweet controller very easy to use and get used to and for only ten bucks more, the two analog sticks come in handy

the tips on the analog sticks are rubberized

·
Registered
124 Posts
Try the Logitech wingman rumblepad like the other guy said! You can set it to 150% rumble! (super-sweaty hands:) ). But then as of yet I don't know how to configure it.:confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
For more info go to www.logitech.com The price for the Wiingman Rumblepad is $29.99 US, which isn't bad, plus the rumble is stronger than the real PSX with the Dual Shock controller when set at 150%.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyAnderson
Check interact for great controllers interact-acc.com
I own 2 of their controllers axis pad and Hammerhead(Great design bad software)
I agree. They are both great controllers. I only have a Hammerhead though. The axis pad would be your best choice if you would like to use it for Playstation games. It is designed like a PSX controller. (Don't let the software get to you if you use either controller. It can be a REAL PAIN!:dead:)

S

·
0 Posts
Samor, you and Disturbed really like the Thrustmaster rumble pad. I tried one, but I couldn't configure it, at all.:confused: It always pulled to the right and the rumble was so weak, you could barely feel it, no matter what I tried.:( Could you or Disturbed tell me how you set yours up, please? If I knew how, then I might try it again. Right now I am using the Logitec rumble pad and it works great, but I liked the Thrustmaster's D-Pad a little better than the Logitec one.
Any help would be greatly appriecated. Thanks in advance.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Mr. SX/Amiga,

Sorry I couldn’t help you much… But I’ve read the review from www.avault.com abt Firestorm Dual Power Analog Pad, and it said the same like your complain. That’s why it scores very2 low. I will buy gamepad too, so I read much abt the gamepad review. I always trust the avault review, it’s said that the real problem abt this hardware is from the software (like Interact’s). So why don’t you try to download the latest driver from www.thrustmaster.com ?

Tks
Stefanus
:emb:

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks stefanus;) , I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help and I'll go on over to avault and check the review also. Thanks again:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

K

·
0 Posts
I love my Logitech WingMan RumblePad ... man I remember beta testing ePSXe before 1.2.0 came out ... it was so sweet .. but I couldn't tell anyone :( ... but now that everyone knows about the features, I highly suggest it.

S

·
0 Posts
to sx/amiga:
well, my pad was the same one as the dual power, but without force feedback....however, I read many positive reviews about the force feedback version so I got one after all....so yes, now I have two similar pads, one with force feedback and one without.

BUT....
the dual power runs completely on your CPU's power supply...needing no batteries is handy, but in my case it crashed after a while.
why? my computer already has much devices in it and this pad was more than the powersupply (a standard one) could handle....fortunately nothing was broken due to this, just a crash, so I got myself a USB hub the next day, because I didn't want to return the pad now I had experienced the fun of force feedback :)

So I added the USB hub, had detection errors, installed a truckload of fixed and patches, and hey! it worked! I now even have both pads working so you can imagine that that's pretty cool for 2 players in vgs, epsxe or other (psx) emulators...

I found the force feedback itself to be working very well, depending on the game though....Especially the need for speed series really shine when you use force feedback. I haven't tested epsxe yet, but so far I think the force feedback is pretty strong, about the same as a psx dual shock controller (and perhaps even a bit stronger).

So maybe the weak force feedback with your pad is caused by lack of power (in my case it crashed, in your case the ff might not work correctly?).....or you just need to download the latest driver from www.thrustmaster.com, that might help.

Oh, one other thing: I found out that the dual power is also slightly improved when compared to the older non-ff version...the button numbers are more logical (1,2,3,4 are on the normal place, with the other pad those are the shoulder buttons, this can cause problems in games that lack button configuration) and the analog controllers are slightly more accurate.

Conclusion: the pad works great here, really solid and stuff, and hopefully my tips will help, but, like the man who sold me the USB hub stated: the fact it runs solely on your computer's power supply is just plain evil.

wow, that was almost a full review :)

S

·
0 Posts
oh, btw, I read the avault-reviews (they reviewed both the dual power (force feedback) and the dual analog (no force feedback)....and uh...I don't agree with them...they must have small hands >:)
secondly, they think the software of the non-forcefeedback version is pretty good...I hated it :D
I preferred the latest driver versions from the thrustmaster site (avault didnt like ém)...both pads work very well now here....

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Samor, I'll have to check that out. Maybe newer drivers are what is called for. Thanks again.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
*update*

unfortunately the combination hub/pad doesn't seem to work so well afterall...the pad itself works but the force feedback so far only works in one or two games....without the hub it'll work but crash my system because it eats up too much power...
:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts