Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a gamepad (Logitech Dual action gamepad, to be exact) and it seems to be stuck in the up-left position:cuss2: . i know this is not the controller, as i did a search and it showed up in the epsxe forum. if this has happened to anybody else when they used pcsx and you fixed it, how?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think it [highlight]is[/highlight] the controller.

Just because you found something about the Dual Action in the ePSXe forum doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the gamepad.

I've owned a Dual Action, and the one I had was a piece of $#!+. D-pad buttons cannot be pressed accurately, and the analog sticks started having noisy potentiometer and calibration problems almost immediately.

My experience is not unique. A Google search revealed that lots of other people had similar problems with that controller.

I gave mine away because I couldn't in good conscience sell it to anyone.

I replaced mine with a combination of a Sony PS2 DualShock 2 controller and a RadioShack PSX->USB adapter. Works great, even supports rumble. Other people have used other combinations of PS1 or PS2 controllers with various PSX->USB adapters (Lik-Sang has some) with success.

Now, if you insist on trying to continue using the Dual Action, I recommend you do three things:
  • Go to Logitech's website and get the latest drivers/software.
  • Calibrate the gamepad
  • Turn [highlight]off[/highlight] the Logitech profiling software. Program the gamepad buttons and sticks directly into the pad plugin.

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah, the dual action is a POS, i have one too. it's nice for EA games because it auto configures, but otherwise....ugh. it's horrible for PSX emulation because the Dpad is absolutely horrible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.