Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm using ePSXe 1.7 and I am having issues with getting my controller working.

I'm using one of these, with a Dualshock2 PS2 controller:
Amazon.com: Playstation 2 to PC USB Gamepad Converter: Video Games

I know the controller works by using it through my PS2.

I am using PadDi v1.0 plugin for my controller, and have it setup with the default button configuration, and the DualShock controller from the drop down box. The controller works in the Windows test and is calibrated. The analog light is ON with a green light when I press f5 when the game starts. I'm playing FFIX and FF8.

I don't really care whether analog will work in either of them, I just want to use the controller, but it won't work. I'm pressing every button while the game is starting, and nothing works.

Can anyone help?

System:
Intel 3.0GHz Dualcore
HD4870
Windows XP SP3

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
I am using PadDi v1.0 plugin for my controller, and have it setup with the default button configuration, and the DualShock controller from the drop down box.
What? Since when does ePSXe support pad plugins? Do you actually mean driver?

The default button configuration in ePSXe is mapped to the keyboard. As such, a gamepad will simply not work until you map the controls to the gamepad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't sure if it needed one or not, so I put one in my plugin folder.

Regardless, it didn't work before or after I had one. And yes, I have my keys mapped. I have a screenshot of my controller config linked:

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
does it actually respond in-game to those keyboard mappings when you use that as your input device instead of your controller?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure what you mean, but I think you mean if I press those given keys on the keyboard does it work?

If so, the answer is yes. Z is X in my game when entered through my keyboard. If that isn't what you meant let me know :)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i mean if we exclude the controller from the picture altogether, and you use the keyboard as your input device instead, does it respond in-game (not in the key mapping menu, but when a game is actually up and running) like it should or does it produce the same behavior?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
have you tried pressing the analog toggle button on the controller itself?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Uh, when mapping buttons, are you clicking the message boxes with the preassigned keyboard keys and then pressing the button that you want to map?

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
First map your Gamepad to ePSXe, then post a screenshot of how you have it mapped.

Same as the previous screen you posted, but instead of having the keyboard mapped, map the Gamepad. And, post the screenie once done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.