Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
:mad: I really don't like it when people make stupid comparisons, for example processor speed, that article that you posted FireGL seemed to be biased in favour of the XBox, why?
Notice how they give every intricate detail on the Xbox but barely skim the surface on the other consoles? (for the Gamecube they don't even bother to go as far as giving its full specs).
And the fact that it mentions the speed and type of the XBox processor yet only mentions the speed of the PS2 and Gamecube processors is also one of extreme arrogance, here is why:

Processor MHz has always been one of very stupid comparisons, its common knowledge that the Motorola PowerPC processors are much more efficient and better architecturally designed than their x86 cousins the reason is because Intel & AMD are having to keep their processors compatible with a very old standard (1970's designed processor architecture, i'm not saying they're crap.. just that the architecture is limited because it is having to stay compatible with an old less efficient design).
And the reason because Motorola's RISC PowerPC range is superior in design is that they had no such limit, they dumped their previous processor (the CISC 68k series, used in the old mac, amiga, atari st etc) and designed a whole new processor from the ground up using all the best design methods of the day without having to worry about previous compatibility.
Therefore, for all you lot know those processors in the PS2 and Gamecube could be much better at handling data than the processor in the XBox.

And last of all consoles are never measured by their speeds, or how fast their fill rate is but upon the quality, amount of the games and to a degree the marketing too. (look at what happened with the N64 vs. PSX)

BOB

Originally posted by Guy Spenzz
one of my friends already has it, he won it in some contest.
He won a Gamecube?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but all games for the Gamecube (like Luigi's Mansion etc) are still in development for it aren't they?

Is your friend stuck to watching the tech demo's until games appear for it?

BOB

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.