Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people starting to reserve it now, in some stores:eek: !!!!
So anyone starting to reserve it now, or probably wait for the PS2 price to drop!!!!
What are your ideas?!:eyes:

Damn those gameboy advances are sold out in every store, no wonder I see it in every kids hand in the subway. It's like if I'm in a commercial man:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,actually it's coming out on November 5th,3 days before Xbox(if they can release Xbox on time that is).

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I saw on that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire show today a question about what Nintendo translates to in english. It was something like "way to Heaven". strange.
Anyway I think that getting a PS2 in mid November sounds lik a good idea since they'll probably drop the price.

I don't know a whole lot about game cube, but I do have a prediction for x-box. I think that the x-box will do poorly because its games are going to rely on its hardrive. And I can't of coarse say for sure, but I think its gonna suck when some people's harddrives fail after a few years and then you have to buy a new one to play your games again. Hopefully by that time a good emulator will be out hehehe. I think a hard drive is a fine idea, but they shouldn't make their games depend on it. It should be a completely seperate thing.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Xbox price will be 290-300 USD not bad and also the game on ps2 such as Metal gear 2 , crash bandicoot and many more will be ported to xbox

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Men it is true that xbox has its own HDD and also it is using windows 2000 kernel but the HDD will use only for caching for large size map(ex. Tonny Hawk 3) and to smoothen and to reduce loading not all game will use this........ not bad idea at all isnt it?

C

·
0 Posts
The Xbox is confirmed to be $299 USD, same with the GC, only $199.

The GC's hardware specs are much different then potrayed in the snapshot, they were recently changed at E3..

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
And don't believe what microsoft says about the polygon numbers of the Xbox,in reality it's at the same level as the GameCube(maybe a bit powerfuller).

C

·
0 Posts
A dev friend of mine who does Xbox/PS2/GC told me that in his opinion, the GC is the most powerful of them..

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
A dev friend of mine who does Xbox/PS2/GC told me that in his opinion, the GC is the most powerful of them..
Well,in that case I like your friend.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's true that xbox & gamecube are stronger than the PS2, but don't thing sony will give up that easy, the company will buy out all the third party developers.

I remember the time when I was comparing the Sega Saturn with the playstation, and from my perspective I saw that the Saturn was much better and had more power then the PS, then years later I saw that sony was in first place and the Saturn was gone. Very sad story but it was they sega president to blame for.........

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I think that emus like ePSXe won't be too difficult to port on the Xbox.

2,209 Posts
I heard that xbox won't be to hard to port to computer since there programing is very similiar. The thing is you'll need a very good graphics card and computer. I heard the for the guy who made VisualBoy.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
maybe its easy to emulate games in xbox coz its using windows 2000 kernel epecially tweak for games

1 - 20 of 28 Posts