Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved the official gamecube component video cable in the mail today. First off, I can definately say that I can notice the improvement in image quality which is excellent. However I do kinda have one compliant: the image quality is a little too sharp I think. That is, no matter what game it is, the edges of the characters and other various objects in relation to their backgrounds is not anti-aliased, their not smooth. I was wondering if anyone else with the proper gamecube and component video cable has noticed the same thing.

Also I have noitced that as far as the procedure Nintendo describes to enable progressive scan mode in games that support this feature, the gamecube can't seem to remember that I want to enable progressive scan. That is, when you first query the gamecube games in question to enable progressive scan display mode, it will naturally ask if you want to enable progressive scan mode, yes or no? I select yes and as far as I can tell, progressive scan is working. But each time I boot up the game, the game has to ask me every time whether I want progressive scan mode enabled, which is rather annoying. It should automatically remember based on my first run of the game in progressive scan. And even according to Nintendo's documentation, the game should auto remember that the user wants progressive scan. But as far as I can tell, the only thing the gamecube game can remember is to always ask me whether or not I want progressive scan. Even if I don't hold down the B button at boot up to manually query for progressive scan, the game will only remember to ask me every time if I want progressive scan. Any input from experienced users on this issue would be very much appreciated.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I just recieved the official gamecube component video cable in the mail today. First off, I can definately say that I can notice the improvement in image quality which is excellent. However I do kinda have one compliant: the image quality is a little too sharp I think. That is, no matter what game it is, the edges of the characters and other various objects in relation to their backgrounds is not anti-aliased, their not smooth. I was wondering if anyone else with the proper gamecube and component video cable has noticed the same thing.
Component video cable increases sharpness, but because gamecube cannot handle too detailed textures, sharper picture reveals lowdetailed parts better. Standard cable produces slightly blurred image, so it hides those little "flaws". :dance:

Also I have noitced that as far as the procedure Nintendo describes to enable progressive scan mode in games that support this feature, the gamecube can't seem to remember that I want to enable progressive scan. That is, when you first query the gamecube games in question to enable progressive scan display mode, it will naturally ask if you want to enable progressive scan mode, yes or no? I select yes and as far as I can tell, progressive scan is working. But each time I boot up the game, the game has to ask me every time whether I want progressive scan mode enabled, which is rather annoying. It should automatically remember based on my first run of the game in progressive scan. And even according to Nintendo's documentation, the game should auto remember that the user wants progressive scan. But as far as I can tell, the only thing the gamecube game can remember is to always ask me whether or not I want progressive scan. Even if I don't hold down the B button at boot up to manually query for progressive scan, the game will only remember to ask me every time if I want progressive scan. Any input from experienced users on this issue would be very much appreciated.
It does remember the answer by setting it default option. When it shows what you want to use, you only need a quick click A button. This is because some TV's dont support progressive scan (or 60HZ PAL picture, depends where you live), so if you switch TV's, and it doesnt support it, you'd be fecked up cuz you couldnt switch it back without annoying extrawork. This would have happened to me. My sister and his husband went on trip, so i spend weekend (took my GC with me) in their house looking after their dogs. Their tv didnt support 60hz picture, so without those "startup options", i would have been in trouble... :lol:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah I have componet cables for both my ps2 and my xbox, and I can notice a huge difference, its mostly for the better, but on the ps2 you can notice jaggies WAY more than usual. The xbox, however, does not seem to show jaggies on most games....but it IS the xbox ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts