Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you use Alcohol120% program to make an image of a gamecube game? I tried it with Zelda:masters quest. I put the game in the dvd drive and it showed 1.36 GB, but when I tried to make an image it wouldn't go.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Chasecdt said:
Is this program simular to the Alcohol120%?
no cuz your CD is in your GameCube and you transfer it's data threw a network cable connected to your GC and PC. using the game Phantasy Star Online and some PC apps youll be able to transfer that data

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why does Alcohol120% only do playstation1 and 2 games? I tried doing Xbox games but it doesn't read the disk. Do you know of any other programs that would make an image?

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Chasecdt said:
why does Alcohol120% only do playstation1 and 2 games? I tried doing Xbox games but it doesn't read the disk. Do you know of any other programs that would make an image?
there are none...(some specific drives can read xbox games with a hack firmware though...)

but NO drives will be able to read the gc disk and make an iso out of it

Playstation 1 disks are standard CD-Roms
Playstation 2 disks are standard DVD-Roms
Gamecube disk are Mini-DVDs with weird encryption
and xbox games are DVD-oms with an encryption also IINM

·
Forgot this place existed
100 Posts
Gamecube games got a bar code that the GC drive read, you cannot read nor write GC games using a standard CD/DVD drive/writter, It would require some firmware modifications to be able to read them. As Chrono said, the only known way to rip games is using the BBA and PSO.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Kinda wierd that GC encryption hasnt been cracked yet... In computer world, "when you get taller fence, thieves get longer ladders", but no-one (AFAIK) has hacked GC encryption yet and therefore we dont have proper firmware to some dvd-drive. I wonder if there is something else required to read GC disks or is it simply so difficult encryption to deal with...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Or maybe it's just that people really aren't interested in the Gamecube ;)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Or maybe it's just that people really aren't interested in the Gamecube ;)
No fricking way!

:lol:

Well thats sad but true, but there should be enough interest, or atleast some GC fan with skills we need... Atleast i hope so... :(

·
Forgot this place existed
100 Posts
actually, there are a mod chip for the GC in development. you will be able to burn the games on a normal mini DVD and put it in the GC and it will work, same thing for imports. That chip will kinda "skip" the bar code check of the GC. Of course, nothing yet to read these CDs in your PC drives :p

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
MaZa said:
No fricking way!

:lol:

Well thats sad but true, but there should be enough interest, or atleast some GC fan with skills we need... Atleast i hope so... :(
why is it sad but true? im kinda glad Nintendo pushed back pirates. with carts it was a joke for everyone

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
No no no, i meant that its sad but true that GC doesnt have respect that it deserves to have. Everyone is brainwashed by ps2 and xbox with their mostly-unoriginal-graphics-only games.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I love gamecube more than Xbox and PS2. all of them have their strong points, but it usually comes around to NGC

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
lets not turn this into a, "which console is best" thread shall we...:p
ya, back to gc emulation. I cant wait till the next dalphin release. Ive played crazy taxi so much at around 15fps. The first game im going to try is Paper Mario 2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts