Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you know that GC discs have random filler data inserted to fill up whatever part of the disc is unused by the game data. The data, being random, compresses very poorly and for archival it's best to get rid of it. My question is, how is it done? I have some gamecube .ISOs that I want to compress smaller.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Dammit9x said:
So you know that GC discs have random filler data inserted to fill up whatever part of the disc is unused by the game data. The data, being random, compresses very poorly and for archival it's best to get rid of it. My question is, how is it done? I have some gamecube .ISOs that I want to compress smaller.
Dolphin has a GCM shrinker, only take caution when using it, as it's still not perfect yet, and can corrupt your image files. I'd recommend keeping them backed up first, just in case.;)

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
I think that this belongs to the gamecube section of the forums.

The emulator dolphin comes with a .gcm shrinker, I think it does what you said,get rid of the blank data and compress the game.

Go download dolphin and try it.

Edit: You beat me to it General.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.