Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm i got this game Doa2 ( it was used when i bought it ) but it was still in pritty good condition so i bought it anyway. And the game works perfectly on my PS2. So i visited a m8 And was hoping for some good action :p But the thing wont go to battle :(

Game does work but it just crashes when i start battle.. when u select a charecter and costume.. Than go to selecht map.. than the BGM stops.. and u can select a map but the screen will stay black...

My PS2 is about 3 mounth old.. m8 PS2 is 1 year old..
Im just wondering why doesnt the game work on his PS2 ? can it be the little scratches ?

And i also played SC2 over his place and i notice theres a slowdown sometime when using cervantes and doing the move were he pokes the swords verry fast. I never notice such a slowdown on my PS2... ( exept for FFX-2 sometime dressphere things ~~ )

so my main questions are. Why Doa wont work on his PS2 and why he has slowdowns sometimes.. Is it cos his PS2 is older than mine ?

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Maybe his ps2 laser needs to be cleaned, that is the most logical explanation i can find.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
First of all, after testing the game on his PS2 did you try playing it on your own again to make sure it wasn't the disk? Try cleaning the disk and also see if any other games have problems on his PS2.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
mate ps2 i am assuming m8=mate=friend

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry if i wasnt clear with the m8 thing.. i play to much games online :D
And yea after that doa didnt worked i just played SC2 at friends place.. so games does work on his ps2...

And when i got home i tested DOA on my own PS2 and everything worked..

btw typoon how do u clean a PS2 laser ?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
You go to your nearest electronics store and buy a 'Laser Disc cleaner' (and no, not the laser discs that tried to compete with DVD's in the early 90's) :p It is basically an Audio CD with 2 or moretracks that has little brushed on the bottom and cleans the laser fast and safetly :) They should only be around $5.00 US or so, so it shouldn't break the bank :p

·
band
4,912 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Gah! D.D. You crazy! Never open your PS2! :p Just buy the laser disc cleaner and it's a lot safer ... Unless you wanna do it the other way ... *shivers*

·
band
4,912 Posts
ahahh true >.< the method i posted is usually for ppl who have problems reading discs and want to adjust/calibrate the small wheel that adjusts the height of the laser so that it picks up all discs perfectly (dvd-rs, +rs, etc). the cleaning part is i think just a side thing. my bad :lol:

use Razor's method, its safer, and u dont void your warantee!

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
There's nothing wrong with opening up your PS2 after the warranty has expired, heck I did it with mine :p. My warranty expired over three years ago so I decided to clean it out.

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
here's a problem, my friend's ps2 seems to have trouble reading the disc of latest games. whenever he tries any new games (LSL:Magna Cum Laude, GTA:SA, Guy Game etc) his ps2 produces a strange sound, kinda cracking sound. He sent his ps2 to repairs for like 3 times but after a month, the same problem occurs again. what do you guys think his problem is?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Sephiroth[TR] think your m8 ps2s laser needs cleaning, needs new laser or... you are using backups... not all ps2 consoles 'like' those (because of age/s***y copy/cd on which game was burn/difference in DVD-R, DVD+R, or RW discs)

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KanedA said:
Sephiroth[TR] think your m8 ps2s laser needs cleaning, needs new laser or... you are using backups... not all ps2 consoles 'like' those (because of age/s***y copy/cd on which game was burn/difference in DVD-R, DVD+R, or RW discs)
thx for the laser advice.
Il tell my m8 about the laser cleaner thingie. Afterall its his PS2.. Il just woop him in SC2 :p instead of Doa if he doesnt wanna buy it.. And my DOA is original.. its used when i bought it thats why there are a few scratches on it..

Btw why is there some slowdown during some moves in SC2 on his PS2 and not on mine ? is it cos his PS2 is older ?
Would be horible to think of it that my PS2 starts to show slowdowns to after a year :/ And SC2 is original to :p

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Sephiroth[TR] said:
Btw why is there some slowdown during some moves in SC2 on his PS2 and not on mine ? is it cos his PS2 is older ?
Would be horible to think of it that my PS2 starts to show slowdowns to after a year :/ And SC2 is original to :p
could be... try to deal with your hardware as it was a living beeing... you also get slower and tired faster when you get old(er) ;)

(BTW. PS2 + HDD makes miracles ;) )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts