Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that both Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story's graphics are MUCH improved with ePSXe compaired to the original on console. What other games have much better graphics using ePSXe???!?!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hell, I know that... but are there any games that stand out because of the difference??? When I tried to play Parappa the Rapper, the parts I COULD play were amazing!!! They were extremely crisp. On the other hand, some games don't have that big of a change, such as Dino Crisis 1/2 or Bushido Blade 1/2. So what games really impress you because of the improvement of graphics?!?!?!

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by glide4ever
Ace Combat 3 electrosphere! :cool:
Game with best improved graphics with ePSXe!
isn't the landscape in the distance messed up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Best Improved...Well basicly most PSX Games don't have good graphic so its rather hard to tell. But from the first time I used ePSXe I noticed Final Fantasy VIII looked GREAT (I mean it's fast and crisp, compared to Bleem, the original PSX and the PC ver).

Next VAGRANT STORY (Still can't belive I'm having 50fps with Glide under Win2K).

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
GT2 is IMO the best looking one with ePSXe,although FFVIII and MGS aren't very far behind.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Grandia, on epsxe, finally looked playable.. on the psx, the graphics were so bad, that i couldnt play it then..

S

·
0 Posts
Gauntlet legends, far and away. Look at it on VGS, look at it on the PSX, then throw up. Then run it on ePSXe, sit back and be amazed. It looks better than the DC version and the Arcade Original version, IMHO, when run in full 3D w/FSAA in ePSXe.
I've also noticed major improvements in Wild Arms, Alundra 2, Wild Arms 2, FF VII, FF IX, and many many other games.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
190 Posts
Metal Gear Solid looks better running in ePSXe at 1280x1024 with Anti-Aliasing etc than the pc version :D

On the other hand, MDK doesn't look nice... i think MDK is best suited to a television where the quality isn't as sharp as a computer monitor, along with texture filtering etc

BOB

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well, even MDK for the pc doesnt look that great, check out MDK 2 *drools* (for the pc)... I remember when MDK first came out, killer graphics... I loaded back onto my computer a couple of weeks ago... boy was i disapointed...

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
Legend of Dragon is not bad too with Pete's OGL at 1024*768*32 with FSAA x4

Many Car Race games are graphics impoved when using ePSXe with Pete's plugins.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On the other hand, if a game combines 3D and 2D, sometimes it can be really ugly. It's a toss up.

FF8 looks pretty great, with the 2D backgrounds, but Xenogears looks like crap (I suppose because it has 2D characters on 3D backgrounds...?)

FWIW

1 - 20 of 32 Posts