Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have final fantasy 8 but the problem is i lost disc1 and meeed that to start a new game on epsxe so i was wondering if it is possible to download save games of other people and put hem in my game file so i can play from disc 2

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
xjamiex said:
i have final fantasy 8 but the problem is i lost disc1 and meeed that to start a new game on epsxe so i was wondering if it is possible to download save games of other people and put hem in my game file so i can play from disc 2
you can always try on http://www.gamefaqs.com/ :)

EDIT: next time please do some search on this forum OK? There's a couple of post about saves :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
i don't know if it is legal or not try downloading a new cd 1 image because you have the original game i think it is legal (maybe!!)and you shouldn't download saves cause the story is very important especialy in rpg's

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i got the save from gamefaqs but how do i install it wont load when i play the game,and i had the fdisc 1 at 1 time but i lost it and know the story i just wanna be able to play it on my pc as well

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
v2rlz said:
i don't know if it is legal or not try downloading a new cd 1 image because you have the original game i think it is legal (maybe!!)and you shouldn't download saves cause the story is very important especialy in rpg's
downloading an ISO,even if you own/owned the game is NOT legal. please dont bring these kind of suggestions to the threads ;)

xjamiex: as for converting memcards. you can use Aldo's MemCard Manager
http://www.aldostools.com/memmanager.html

·
All Heroes Must Die
60 Posts
we don't install a memcard file, we just need to copy it. i suggest you put your *.gme file to your \memcards\ dir. then select it from the menu Config--> Memory Card. put it on slot 1 or 2.
you may need to convert your memcard file first to *.mcr format (ePSXe format). I use memmanager from http://aldostools.com/memmanager.html.
hope it will help

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i did what u said but it if i try it ingame it says no save data found and if i press escape and try and load state there is nothing in any of the slots, and i also converted the save to .mcr and inserted it in the memcard directory but still nothing?

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Are you talking about save state or mem card? If it's memcard, you need to load it up with the emulator (find the memory card option in the menu), not just put it in the memcard directory.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i went to config memory card then selected the save and when i try and load it up ingame it just says there is no save data,is that what u meant by load it up??

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
ye i checked that but the only way i can load things are if i saved them myself but i cant do that with ff8 cuz i lost my disc1.
btw im using the us bios but am using pal games,,does that matter?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Shouldn't. But the region from where the save is does matter, actually. Check the save on the memcard with the memcard manager, and check if the game code is the same that shows on your discs (well, they all have different ones, but are corelative). If not, change the code to match your disc's. Is the save visible from the bios?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts