Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I happen to have some extra chash on me and i though y not get a game. i've look around and read reviews and looked at screenshots and these are the games im considering:

"Shinobi" , "Devil may cry" , or "Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven"

here is a list of my games:

Auto Modellista
Gran Turismo 3
ATV Offroad Fury 2
Xenosaga
Robotech: Battlecry
Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Leacy of Kain: Defiance
Transformers
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Devil May Cry: Nice choice, if a bit short. Great action that redefine the genre for awhile.(let me rephrase brought it back to the forefront)

XenoSaga: Nice rpg, just be prepared for long moments of watching cinematics...

Zone of the Enders: I'm biased, i love the series and all that comes with it. The sequal is far superior, but to get the full story start with the first.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
Get MK Deception,I can't stop playing that game :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Out of all the games listed, I've only played Gran Turismo 3 :p. If you want a good racing game that takes a long time to beat completely, I definitely recommend it :thumb:.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Man, you guys don't read the post. The list is of games that he already has (and presumably already played)... the games he's debating are the 3 he first mentioned, Devil May Cry, Shinobi, and Tenchu. While all 3 are action games, they all are pretty different in gameplay. Devil May Cry is about straight up fast-paced action, Shinobi is fast paced as well but has more platform elements, and Tenchu focuses highly on stealth. Judging on your list of games, it seems that plot is important to you, and of those 3 I'd say that Tenchu definitely has the best plot.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
You cant go wrong with Devil May Cry 1. Personaly, DMC2 wasent as bad as somepeope say, it was just _WAY_ to easy. I am personally waiting for DMC3, but i dont konw how this custimizational class thingy works. I want to be very acrobatic with both swards and guns.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Devil May Cry kicks butt, Shinobi sucks (if you want a good ninja game that has more action based and less platforming, try Bujingai) and I haven't played Tenchu, so I won't say.

·
Registered
153 Posts
if you liked the gameplay style of your Metal Gear Solid 2, then Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven would also be a very good choise. Really good "newer" game. Devil May Cry is a little bit old... exactly to say 4 years old. I would go for Tenchu.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
and what???? old means BAD??? Devil May Cry is still a good PS2 game even by todays standards.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i gotta say. i went to my friends house this weekend and saw DMC for the first time (no stones pls) and i was blown away by the gfx. but im wondering if those arent all prerendered?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Devil May Cry!!! would be my first choice in that list :thumb:

Also if you like RPG's and long ones at that then go for Star Ocean: end of time, really great game.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jldnr77 said:
and what???? old means BAD??? Devil May Cry is still a good PS2 game even by todays standards.
have you actually played Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven at all? guess no, couse else you'd know what i did mean with old (its not just the year it came ot). so long

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx for the info on the games Rhombus. from what i can tell is that they are all good. just about everyone here feels that "D.M.C." is a good game. i know what to do know. I'll just go buy all three. :thumb: :cool:

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Nevermore said:
Get MK Deception,I can't stop playing that game :thumb:
Good lord. The only good MK was MK2. MKD is indeed better than MK4 and MKDA, but it is still cack next to good 3d fighting games like Dead or Alive 2/3 and Soul Calibur.
Noob'Slayer said:
have you actually played Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven at all? guess no, couse else you'd know what i did mean with old (its not just the year it came ot). so long
If anything, Tenchu feels older. Tenchu looks older too. The graphics in it are merely PS1.5. The Graphics in DMC are far more PS2. DMC feels and plays like a new game even today. Tenchu feels like a relic of the PSX ported to the Xbox and PS2.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'd say go for dmc i played it at target for a littlebut and i liked it:).

·
Registered
287 Posts
What sucked was DMC2 wasnt very good, but 3 looks alot more promising.

I wouldnt buy any of the new MK's, MK2 was the end of the series for me. :p I think it was around the release of the 2nd movie aswell :lol: (Which sucked because I really enjoyed the 1st one)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts