Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem which I hope some people can help me with, when I play a game on DeSmuME the game runs well for the most part and is running at 60 fps all the time.
But every minute or two the frames drop to 20 for about 5-10 seconds and the game is laggy and slow, its quite annoying.

Anything I can do about it?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Something is spiking. Keep an eye on Task Manager and check which other processes suddenly jump up the CPU usage lists. At least that's the only cause I can think of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something is spiking. Keep an eye on Task Manager and check which other processes suddenly jump up the CPU usage lists. At least that's the only cause I can think of.
Weird thing is that physical memory and CPU usage both stay bellow 50% all the time even when the game lags for few seconds, I really don't understand why it keeps doing that.

·
The Phantom
309 Posts
Like you said, your new desktop is costly.
So, it should work fine when playing Desmume emulator with it.
But like you said, sometime, game cannot run smoothly in certain part.
You have to understand that whenever you play a game where the background and the surrounding of the game is epic, that is when it started to get laggy.
For example, if you play Pokemon Black and White, and you arrive at a huge and busy city, that is when your game become laggy. Like I said, it is due to busy background of the game.
Apart from that, you must know what is the graphic renderer that you use. If you use OpenGL, of course it will be laggy but if you use Soft Resterizer, it will run faster.
I have try Desmume in my laptop, and well it runs okay with Soft Rasterizer but not with OpenGL. After that, I try it in my desktop, it runs better with OpenGL compare to in the laptop but still the speed is not satisfying.
So, you must know that Desmume is an emulator, sometime, no matter how good is your pc, the emulator might not be able to run smooth, not because of your pc but because of the emulator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.