Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. When i go to play a game it starts up then goes black. I know there has been posts about this before but they never got anywhere. Can anyone help me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Black Screen

Its medal of honour frontline. I have the cd just can't get it working. I have tryed loads of plugins could u tell me what ur using.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
hmm. try Pete's OpenGL 1.75 for video, Eternal for sound, and Peops for CD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black Screen

Thx for that plugin list. But it still isn't working i am using only the plugins that was suggested. Is there any options within those plugins i should have on or off.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
eternal: default
openGL: "nice" preset
peops: select IOCTL reading, then put in a CD and have it auto detect the mode. then choose "thread read"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black Screen

Ok. I made all the changes that u said. But that dam black screen is still there. When u click run CDROM how long should it take to load.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
OK, just to make a note about psx emulation. 90% of the time when there is a black screen loading problem it's cause of the cd/dvd plugin. Many times they require aspi that people don't have installed or installed properly or they are set to the wrong operating system specs. I suggest you get xeven's plugin and try using it if you have XP. I believe it has autodetect which in my opinion works very well with multiple hardrives and such. If not there are some advanced options to manually select drivers and drives. That's probably your problem.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
try using Sapu's plugin, it autodetects as well. also, you might just want to make an ISO, that;s the easiest/best.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
There are many free programs to make a cd an iso. Off hand iso buster does i believe but not sure. Just search google and i'm sure you'll find one. And of course nero, alcohol and all the big name ones that you gotta buy do it as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts