Next Generation Emulation banner
6,981 - 7,000 of 7,015 Posts
Well, there is something with this "Dark Souls" clone that disturbs me. The "Hardening" thing is a gameplay mechanic that does not fit this kind of game. It disrupts the fast dynamic pace of the fights. It would have been far better IMO to use a block/parry system like the one in "Sekiro: SDT". I find a parry mechanic more rewarding and tactical than this "hardening thing". I bet a lot of players is going to skip the harden mechanic in favor of the dodge mechanic.

Edit: They have a parry system, but it seems rather unappealing.

Also, the game ambiance seems clumsy.

To finish, this one looks interesting:

Trailer for the PC version of Death Stranding, unfortunately doesn't focus on tech as much as the trailer for Horizon did. Mostly preorder stuff.
I did enjoy the game well enough. It's something I might recommend getting when it's on sale instead of 60$, but I think it's worth playing eventually.
For anyone who'll try it on PC, my main recommendation is to focus on progressing the main story until you unlock all the stuff that makes carrying cargo easier. Don't get bogged down in the first area where you're just walking around. You'll get more interesting gadgets as you progress.

The Xbox Games Showcase will happen near the end of the month. Microsoft will be showing/announcing first and third party games.

There's been rumors of a new Fable game, but a representative for MS said not to get too excited. Then again, its possible they werent aware of it if it was kept secret. I'd be happy if we saw Fable again.

The Xbox Games Showcase will happen near the end of the month. Microsoft will be showing/announcing first and third party games.

There's been rumors of a new Fable game, but a representative for MS said not to get too excited. Then again, its possible they werent aware of it if it was kept secret. I'd be happy if we saw Fable again.
Its officially announced for the 23th of this month.

A bit unexpected, but Sony has taken a minority stake in Epic Games with a 250 million dollars investment. And minority does mean quite small in this case as it appears to give them less than 2% ownership, but both Sony and Epic talked publicly about this and about collaboration. Its possible the investment is more of a gesture than anything else, a show of alliance.

Epic is still totally gonna keep making multiplatform games (not that they make many games) and they talked about technology while discussing their collaboration. With Epic demoing their new engine on the PS5, Sony investing in Epic, and both of them talking about tech afterward... I dont want to make wild speculations, but it seems like this might be less about games and more about tech engines.

A bit unexpected, but Sony has taken a minority stake in Epic Games with a 250 million dollars investment. And minority does mean quite small in this case as it appears to give them less than 2% ownership, but both Sony and Epic talked publicly about this and about collaboration. Its possible the investment is more of a gesture than anything else, a show of alliance.

Epic is still totally gonna keep making multiplatform games (not that they make many games) and they talked about technology while discussing their collaboration. With Epic demoing their new engine on the PS5, Sony investing in Epic, and both of them talking about tech afterward... I dont want to make wild speculations, but it seems like this might be less about games and more about tech engines.
For me quite expected and not sure if I mentioned that here but I knew for quite a while what's going on since the demo and also Tim Sweeny all of sudden praising the PS5 left and right. Sony games rarely or almost never use the engine so it never made sense but EPIC have a PC store and they are doing everything to get people on board. The reason is now obvious but more important than that is the future of Playstation games that are going to be released on PC and for me this pretty much confirm it.

Sony already said that they will no longer depend on Playstation only and that's a damn good decision. Sony also have a heavy restructuring and all the big dudes are now western ones who care about business and not exclusivity as much as Japanese ones.

Gonna be interesting to watch for sure.

They may do exclusives on Epic locking Steam and GOG out in the process.

For gamers like me who don't want to buy games on Epic, it may mean we don't get a lot of Playstation ports in the future.

For me that sucks, even if I had the money to buy a PS5 when it comes out, I'd rather spend it on a new (or upgrade my) PC.

I don't need another console (although I'd love to get a Switch (lite?)

Hopefully Nocturne comes out on PC before it does on the switch. I'd like to hear the Nintendo Fanboys screech again.

Control DLC#2 releasing later this month, ties into the game Alan Wake:

The Hitman Trilogy (and 3) comes to Playstation VR:

The Pokemon MMO is coming to PS5:

Crash Bandicoot 4 adds a new character and a new mode to the game.
The mode actually looks kinda neat. Instead of simply mirrorring the levels (as is common with platformers), they also add a new visual style to the level, and a new mechanic which seems to tie into the visual style.

A new muliplayer game mode is being added for free to Ghost of Tsushima. While the mode is free, online multiplayer does require a PS Plus sub.
Instead of being based in "reality", the new game mode focuses on legends and supernatural beliefs.

Each player can choose from one of four different character classes: the Samurai, Hunter, Ronin, or Assassin.
With two players in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, you’ll be able to play a series of co-op Story missions that escalate in difficulty, building on the foundation of combat from the single-player campaign but with new magical twists that often require careful synchronization with your partner.
With four players, you’ll be able to take on wave-based Survival missions, fighting groups of the toughest enemies Tsushima has to offer, Including new Oni enemies with supernatural abilities.

If you can best the Story and Survival missions, you may be confident enough to take on the four-player Raid that will arrive shortly after the launch of Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, sending you and your partners to an entirely new realm to challenge a brutal, terrifying enemy.

6,981 - 7,000 of 7,015 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.