Next Generation Emulation banner

6941 - 6955 of 6955 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,851 Posts
I personally hope future games will work on better / more physics' parts. I want to see more destroyable or interact-able environments or objects, example, if i throw a bomb, i hope stones / rocks / walls can be destroyed, ground can be damaged, etc.

I wish games to have better AI / more variations too. Like MHW, one part i dislike is the part when mounting on a monster, the monster always runs / move to the same place, and the player can only mount on the fixed spot (head, tail, body), which i hope we can "crawl on any part of the body" (like dragon dogma).

Imagine a Dino Crisis remake or a new Dino Crisis game with realistic environments and dinosaurs, together with lots of destructible environments and objects (jungles, trees, etc) and high level dinos AI... my life will be complete.
Dino Crisis Remake is gonna be dope. My problem with most modern games is the heavy focus in pretty graphics and less in what's important which is gameplay and fun. Look at those Switch games for example... they look like 360 games yet they are fun as hell or even Sekiro a game that graphically speaking doesn't look that great but gameplay-wise is the best Samurai game ever made. In the other side we have pretty games such as Ghost of Tsushima but gameplay-wise is trash IMO. Obviously I am speaking for myself so if others like it then great for them.

Also I was very happy to see the bash over MS and Ubisoft over 30fps but where is the bash for this game running at 30fps? others don't have to agree but I think is time to move on and let 30fps behind. 60fps should be the norm on all platforms even if that means reducing the image quality.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I personally hope future games will work on better / more physics' parts. I want to see more destroyable or interact-able environments or objects, example, if i throw a bomb, i hope stones / rocks / walls can be destroyed, ground can be damaged, etc.

I wish games to have better AI / more variations too. Like MHW, one part i dislike is the part when mounting on a monster, the monster always runs / move to the same place, and the player can only mount on the fixed spot (head, tail, body), which i hope we can "crawl on any part of the body" (like dragon dogma).

Imagine a Dino Crisis remake or a new Dino Crisis game with realistic environments and dinosaurs, together with lots of destructible environments and objects (jungles, trees, etc) and high level dinos AI... my life will be complete.
The good news is they added a new physics engine last year, so we'll see more developers use it as they get used to the feature. I'm guessing this is what they used in the UE5 video to destroy the environment.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,028 Posts
Dino Crisis Remake is gonna be dope. My problem with most modern games is the heavy focus in pretty graphics and less in what's important which is gameplay and fun. Look at those Switch games for example... they look like 360 games yet they are fun as hell or even Sekiro a game that graphically speaking doesn't look that great but gameplay-wise is the best Samurai game ever made. In the other side we have pretty games such as Ghost of Tsushima but gameplay-wise is trash IMO. Obviously I am speaking for myself so if others like it then great for them.

Also I was very happy to see the bash over MS and Ubisoft over 30fps but where is the bash for this game running at 30fps? others don't have to agree but I think is time to move on and let 30fps behind. 60fps should be the norm on all platforms even if that means reducing the image quality.
I think it is due to GOT is still for current Gen (will be released on July as far as i know), so people never really expect it to be 60fps. While the new AC is advertised to be on Next Gen but running on 30fps, this is where one didn't have complaint while another one got complaint badly.

I hope AC is just an exception, or it is just misunderstand, probably they were saying Current Gen will run on minimum 30fps, rather than confirming next Gen will run on 30 fps (to be frank, very disappointed if it is really 30fps. But i have faith on MS, i remember they said 60fps is what they want / aim for next gen)

As for GOT, not my type of games, but i saw a few communities on my FB, people seem happy with the trailer / gameplay. I watched the gameplay, i have no feeling at all... and i am not really a fan of open world...

Yup, 60fps should be the norm now, or MUST BE. Like you said, they should reduce any effects / graphics quality in order to achieve 60fps. If they eventually still go to 30fps... then damn them.

The good news is they added a new physics engine last year, so we'll see more developers use it as they get used to the feature. I'm guessing this is what they used in the UE5 video to destroy the environment.
Thanks man, i like this, i keep watching it over and over. I hope Just Cause will have new series on next Gen, and i hope they make the game more "life-ly".

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Civ 6 is now the game offered on the epic games store. A previous rumor said that the games following GTA 5 would be:
Civ 6, Borderlands - The Handsome Collection, ARK Survival Evolved

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,851 Posts
I think it is due to GOT is still for current Gen (will be released on July as far as i know), so people never really expect it to be 60fps. While the new AC is advertised to be on Next Gen but running on 30fps, this is where one didn't have complaint while another one got complaint badly.

I hope AC is just an exception, or it is just misunderstand, probably they were saying Current Gen will run on minimum 30fps, rather than confirming next Gen will run on 30 fps (to be frank, very disappointed if it is really 30fps. But i have faith on MS, i remember they said 60fps is what they want / aim for next gen)

As for GOT, not my type of games, but i saw a few communities on my FB, people seem happy with the trailer / gameplay. I watched the gameplay, i have no feeling at all... and i am not really a fan of open world...

Yup, 60fps should be the norm now, or MUST BE. Like you said, they should reduce any effects / graphics quality in order to achieve 60fps. If they eventually still go to 30fps... then damn them.

Thanks man, i like this, i keep watching it over and over. I hope Just Cause will have new series on next Gen, and i hope they make the game more "life-ly".
I'm really looking forward for more 60fps in the future.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,028 Posts
I'm really looking forward for more 60fps in the future.
Me too. If game makers really want to go the 30fps route one day, I hope they would at least give us the options to choose 60fps with lower resolution, lower special effects, etc.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,851 Posts
Me too. If game makers really want to go the 30fps route one day, I hope they would at least give us the options to choose 60fps with lower resolution, lower special effects, etc.
I think Cross-gen games as well as Playstation cinematic games will target 30fps. The later one is probably the strategy to produce good looking games and kinda hide the power gap with eye candy. Overall I think most of next generation games will be at 60fps as there is no more excuse to do as consoles this time are quite capable.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I think Cross-gen games as well as Playstation cinematic games will target 30fps. The later one is probably the strategy to produce good looking games and kinda hide the power gap with eye candy. Overall I think most of next generation games will be at 60fps as there is no more excuse to do as consoles this time are quite capable.
Consoles haven't had an excuse for 30 fps for multiple generations now, it's why people have been so annoyed by it. The PS2 was weaker than the Gamecube and Xbox, yet it still had a bunch of 60 fps games (Devil May Cry, MGS2, Spiderman), the Xbox and GC also had their own 60 fps games.

They just never had any excuse, but as people ask for prettier graphic for games while staying on the same generation of hardware, you'll start to see fewer and fewer 60fps games. I think this actually happened to MGS 3, which seemed to be 30fps instead.

I'm hoping we'll have a bunch of 60 fps games during the first years of the new consoles, due to games being cross-gen for a while as you mentioned. I'm unfortunately not convinced they'll stick for 60fps for the whole lifespan.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,851 Posts
Consoles haven't had an excuse for 30 fps for multiple generations now, it's why people have been so annoyed by it. The PS2 was weaker than the Gamecube and Xbox, yet it still had a bunch of 60 fps games (Devil May Cry, MGS2, Spiderman), the Xbox and GC also had their own 60 fps games.

They just never had any excuse, but as people ask for prettier graphic for games while staying on the same generation of hardware, you'll start to see fewer and fewer 60fps games. I think this actually happened to MGS 3, which seemed to be 30fps instead.

I'm hoping we'll have a bunch of 60 fps games during the first years of the new consoles, due to games being cross-gen for a while as you mentioned. I'm unfortunately not convinced they'll stick for 60fps for the whole lifespan.
It depends on the game design and what developers want to achieve with the hardware. As I mention cinematic games focus heavily on pretty graphics so at the end they have to put a big portion of the resources there. However, Gears 5 for example proof that it can be done if they put enough efforts in the game. I agree that people will keep asking more and more for prettier graphics which will lead into many 30fps games. I think Playstation may be the one to have most 30fps as their games are pretty much made for that(which makes sense). Overall we will see a change at least as more 60fps games will make their way into the next generation.

The good news is that from the way it looks MS and Sony will release a big portion of their exclusive games on PC so at least we have options. I have been playing few games recently on PC using RPCS3 and the satisfaction of having perfect 60fps combined with perfect timing is incredible. I personally would love to see all games running like that but also know is wishful thinking....

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,028 Posts
It depends on the game design and what developers want to achieve with the hardware. As I mention cinematic games focus heavily on pretty graphics so at the end they have to put a big portion of the resources there. However, Gears 5 for example proof that it can be done if they put enough efforts in the game. I agree that people will keep asking more and more for prettier graphics which will lead into many 30fps games. I think Playstation may be the one to have most 30fps as their games are pretty much made for that(which makes sense). Overall we will see a change at least as more 60fps games will make their way into the next generation.

The good news is that from the way it looks MS and Sony will release a big portion of their exclusive games on PC so at least we have options. I have been playing few games recently on PC using RPCS3 and the satisfaction of having perfect 60fps combined with perfect timing is incredible. I personally would love to see all games running like that but also know is wishful thinking....
For me, the best part of PS5/New Xbox being released is, PC finally can have games with better graphics, AI, etc. It sucks that games' advancements (graphics, AI, etc) are always being held back by consoles.

If games like Dragon Dogma 2, Dino Crisis Remake Or new game would be released on nextGen but with 30fps, it probably will force me to get a PC just to play these games with > 60fps and with better graphics setting. Think about if these games might be in 30fps really made me feel very uncomfortable.

Some rumour said GTX 3080 might have 16-17 TeraFlop, if this is true, these nextGen seems a bit outdated before they are being released... Imagine 2+ more years GTX 4080 / TI are out and with 20+ Teraflops and then compare the current nextGen...

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Some rumour said GTX 3080 might have 16-17 TeraFlop, if this is true, these nextGen seems a bit outdated before they are being released... Imagine 2+ more years GTX 4080 / TI are out and with 20+ Teraflops and then compare the current nextGen...
Back when the Xbox One and the PS4 were released we already had more powerful GPUs. Those consoles would reach 1.3 and 1.8 tflops, but AMD and Nvidia were releasing cards with power ranging from 3 to 5.5 tflops. (the Pro and XOX were around 4 to 6 tflops, but came much later)

The new consoles are gonna use AMD cards very similar to what AMD will release for PCs, except we'll have access to even stronger (and far more expensive) models.
It won't take long before we do have 20+ tflops cards, but the cost of a single one might be similar to the cost of buying both new consoles at once.
Consoles are almost always outdated on launch day, but it's needed to keep the price reasonable.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,851 Posts
I just beat Gears of War 3 using the Xenia emulator and there is a lot I have to say here about 4 and 5......

....hint: I'm glad Rod Fergusson is gone from the serie!

Here is a video I uploaded to my channel that shows how great the game runs on my PC using Xenia:

For me, the best part of PS5/New Xbox being released is, PC finally can have games with better graphics, AI, etc. It sucks that games' advancements (graphics, AI, etc) are always being held back by consoles.

If games like Dragon Dogma 2, Dino Crisis Remake Or new game would be released on nextGen but with 30fps, it probably will force me to get a PC just to play these games with > 60fps and with better graphics setting. Think about if these games might be in 30fps really made me feel very uncomfortable.

Personally i'm waiting for the 3080ti or something like that as I want 4k but solid 60fps.

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
I had the impression consoles were never made to compete with high end PCs but designed to be affordable compared to buying a PC capable of playing video games at the same settings. Technically I'd imagine them for people who can't afford a solid computer and just want to play videogames.

6941 - 6955 of 6955 Posts