Next Generation Emulation banner

6921 - 6940 of 6951 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,026 Posts
Back in January, we learned that Monster Hunter World: Iceborne had sold 4 million copies, with the main game selling over 15 million copies. The expansion is continuing to sell well, as Capcom has shared the news that Monster Hunter World: Iceborne has crossed 5 million copies sold!

Great news for me! I really love this game so much. Now Capcom, time for Dino Crisis Remake and Dragon Dogma 2!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Various news:

- Rumours of multiple Mario games being remastered for the series 35th birthday. Possible new games to be released too.
"Eurogamer followed this report to specifically cite 1997’s Super Mario 64, 2002’s Super Mario Sunshine and 2007’s Super Mario Galaxy as games to be included in the remastered lineup, though the list is non-exhaustive for now. VGC also reported that new games are being planned too, including a sequel to Paper Mario and Super Mario 3D World Deluxe."

-
Magazines are unfortunately slowly continuing to die in the age of the internet, with the Official Xbox Magazine shutting down.

- People may be able to play the FF7 remake a little earlier than anticipated. In an attempt to make sure the game is released on time, Square-Enix has started shipping the game out to various countries and retailers. They're not supposed to let gamers access to copies before its actually released, but physical copies almost always end up leaking out early, so it'll most likely happen.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,026 Posts
Various news:

- Rumours of multiple Mario games being remastered for the series 35th birthday. Possible new games to be released too.
"Eurogamer followed this report to specifically cite 1997’s Super Mario 64, 2002’s Super Mario Sunshine and 2007’s Super Mario Galaxy as games to be included in the remastered lineup, though the list is non-exhaustive for now. VGC also reported that new games are being planned too, including a sequel to Paper Mario and Super Mario 3D World Deluxe."
I wish they would remaster / remake Super Mario 64. I played the game when i was still in college, full of memories.

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Super Mario 3D World is one of the last Wii U games I wanted to see ported to the Switch,

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Microsoft has released "spotlight" videos to help showcase various indie games. They often show indie games at conventions (mainly E3, from my memory), but with those conventions cancelled, this seems to be their way of making sure those indie games aren't forgotten: [email protected]

Wasteland 3 (nooo) and The Last of Us 2 (noooo) have both been delayed as a result of the virus. Works seem to continue with developers working from home, but the games will be released later.

Final teaser for the FF7 Remake releasing next week:

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Reviews for the FF7 remake are very strong. It sits in the 97th percentile with an average of 88 and 93% of critics recommending the game.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yakuza: Like A Dragon is coming to the west for the holidays.
It has been available in Japan on PS4 since January, while the international version will be available on PS4, Xbox (One and Series X) and PC.
Unlike the previous games, this one doesn't feature action brawls, instead using a turn-based rpg system.

Cinematic trailer:
Combat demo:

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,094 Posts
My apologizes if it is a repost. Mario 64 has been NATIVELY ported to PC by a fan. It supports 4K and RayTracing ( The effect is pretty odd for the game and sometimes doesn't fit it at all ) for the enthusiasts. Grab hit while it's hot with your google skills.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,615 Posts
Yakuza: Like A Dragon is coming to the west for the holidays.
It has been available in Japan on PS4 since January, while the international version will be available on PS4, Xbox (One and Series X) and PC.
Unlike the previous games, this one doesn't feature action brawls, instead using a turn-based rpg system.
I might sell my ps4 (pro) as I've pretty much played and finished everything on it that I wanted.
My 20-title (or so) library consisting largely of Yakuza games is really small compared to what I have on pc and xbox. And then there's gamepass.
Since exclusivity is all but gone there is not much reason to keep it. I don't think I feel the need to play Yakuza 3,4,5 a third time.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Vampire Bloodlines 2 has a new trailer and will be available on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

The game was previously announced to use RTX to add a few ray-tracing effects (mainly reflections). I'm guessing we'll see similar reflections on the new consoles, here's a video showing some of it:

·
4,094 Posts
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games are making a coming back FULLY remade. The only problem: it seems the games will be Epic Games Store exclusive. DAMMIT.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Robot Cache is a new marketplace website/client which apparently allows users to sell their digital games once they're done with them.
Also, users can use the client to "mine" IRON (similar to how you can mine bitcoins or ethereums or other cryptocurrencies) and exchange it for games (as a currency).

·
4,094 Posts
Epic revealed the new version of their engine: The Unreal Engine 5. Skip at 1:21 for how it looks. Personally, I don't find it THAT compelling. We are hitting a visual threshold in general in the industry so...

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I'm glad to see them focus heavily on lighting, I'm still waiting for video games to definitely move away from baked lighting. It was disappointing to see "high budget" games use that technique in 2019. I know they still had to run on 2013 consoles, so it makes sense to keep using older techniques, it just sucks when its very obvious and in front of you.
Epic talked about adding a new tool to help developers deal with dynamic global illumination, which I'm happy to hear.

·
4,094 Posts
I'm glad to see them focus heavily on lighting, I'm still waiting for video games to definitely move away from baked lighting. It was disappointing to see "high budget" games use that technique in 2019. I know they still had to run on 2013 consoles, so it makes sense to keep using older techniques, it just sucks when its very obvious and in front of you.
Epic talked about adding a new tool to help developers deal with dynamic global illumination, which I'm happy to hear.
I don't really care about lighting advancements anymore. They will come, a day or an other. A real evolution I want to see in games is more about the Artificial Intelligence. However, it seems they keep focusing on the visuals and I start to find it a tad disappointing. I'm eager to see a demo of UE5 ( or another next gen engine ) where they can actually show how they improved the AI system for games and developers.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I don't really care about lighting advancements anymore. They will come, a day or an other
I agree, but I see a new generation of consoles as the perfect 'day' for it to come.
I don't mind graphics being "low" quality as long as they don't distract from the game experience. Unfortunately, poor lighting can be very distracting. When I first played Outer Worlds, I found the game to be gorgeous and engaging. Then I set foot on a space station, and the first things I saw were lamp posts which didn't emit real light, and which had VERY low resolution shadows and baked lighting. It was jarring how pixelated and poor quality it was, it went back to the old days of spray-painted shadows, and that's where a game can ruin the illusion.
Having actual dynamic global lighting can also add gameplay elements, such as playing with the light to sneak around, day/night cycles, puzzles, exploration (flashlight, fire), etc.

I also agree with better AI, but I see both AI and lighting as needing improvements, and in some case improving one can help improve the other (such as allowing AI to react to the environment). Perhaps more importantly, since lighting will focus more heavily on the GPU, and AI on the CPU, I'd be glad to see both be improved.

I definitely hope for the increased CPU power in the new consoles to be used for better AI. Previously, developers has the "excuse" that the AI still had to run on older hardware (og xbox one, PS4) and as such they were limited in terms of power, but I'd be glad if having a new gen kicked their butt awake.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,848 Posts

Graphically looks good but my feelings were right and the game is trash. The stealth is OK but that combat is straight up trash.

I had some hopes this game turn into something like Sekiro but I knew SP can't get it right and hell I was right!

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,026 Posts
I personally hope future games will work on better / more physics' parts. I want to see more destroyable or interact-able environments or objects, example, if i throw a bomb, i hope stones / rocks / walls can be destroyed, ground can be damaged, etc.

I wish games to have better AI / more variations too. Like MHW, one part i dislike is the part when mounting on a monster, the monster always runs / move to the same place, and the player can only mount on the fixed spot (head, tail, body), which i hope we can "crawl on any part of the body" (like dragon dogma).

Imagine a Dino Crisis remake or a new Dino Crisis game with realistic environments and dinosaurs, together with lots of destructible environments and objects (jungles, trees, etc) and high level dinos AI... my life will be complete.

6921 - 6940 of 6951 Posts