·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Yeah sorry, I got them mixed up...

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,851 Posts
Geforce Now is being released.
Free access: can open a 1 hour session. Can have as many 1 hour sessions as you want.
Paid: 5$, unlimited access, "RTX On".

They show the paid membership as being a temporary offer, it will increase eventually.
Subscribing now gets you the 5$ deal + 3 months extra.
Hmmm that's interesting.... gonna give it a try.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
After being in development for what appears to be around 8 years, Dreams has been released on PS4. Reviews are currently incredibly good, but the game might have limited appeal.
I haven't played it myself, but from what I've seen, I'd describe it as a far more complex and powerful version of Mario Maker. It's a game-making tool which appears to let you create just about anything you need. You can create your own art, your own music, and your own mechanics. You're not limited to a single genre of game, instead being able to make something new.
The game does come with a story/campaign mode.

The game is currently sitting at an impressive 93 on Opencritic, which puts it in the 100th percentile. (92 and up appears to be 100th percentile)
Unfortunately, I don't know if this has mass appeal. It could turn into a cult gem. Curious to see what people come up with.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Looks like a few companies will be skipping on big conventions as a result of the Coronavirus Disease 2019. I was a bit surprised by that at first, but taking into account the lack of hygiene seen at conventions, maybe it's for the best.

GDC released a statement to reassure people, saying they are ""continuing to follow the latest CDC and WHO guidance, following in the footsteps of other large international events that are taking place successfully at the Moscone Center". Despite this, Sony, Facebook Gaming and Oculus VR have said they were gonna skip out on GDC this year. Sony also said they wouldn't go to PAX East for the same reason. "We felt this was the best option as the situation related to the virus and global travel restrictions are changing daily."

There could also be a shortage of consoles, but that might be a bit further away.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
PlatinumGames is announcing a new game: Project G.G. (working title).
It's only a teaser, but it shows the inspiration behind the game, which appears to be Ultraman.

The biggest announcements are these:
  • The game is coming from Hideki Kamiya
  • PlatinumGames is self-publishing the game, which is new. It'll present a greater risk for them, but they'll be in charge of what happens to the game.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Looks like a few companies will be skipping on big conventions as a result of the Coronavirus Disease 2019.

GDC released a statement to reassure people, saying they are ""continuing to follow the latest CDC and WHO guidance, following in the footsteps of other large international events that are taking place successfully at the Moscone Center". Despite this, Sony, Facebook Gaming and Oculus VR have said they were gonna skip out on GDC this year.
Update:
GDC has been postponed entirely.
It was supposed to take place in mid-March, but due to the spread of COVID-19 they're cancelling that and planning a GDC event this summer instead.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The new Ori game is releasing today, early reviews are very strong. Many of them warn of a few technical issues (bugs and performance hiccups), but overall the game is described as an improvement over the first one.
It currently sits at a 89 on Opencritic, bringing it to the 98th percentile. The game should be available on the game pass starting today.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Horizon Zero Dawn is celebrating its third birthday, and will be coming to PC this summer.
They'll share more information on the port later this year.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Early reviews of Nioh 2 are very strong. It is currently sitting at an average of 87 on Opencritic, which brings it to the 95th percentile.
It is described as an excellent sequel, but the multiple new mechanics/systems, while great, can be daunting to learn and exploit.
The game will release at the end of the week.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Haven't looked into Nioh yet but it's a hot one that I want to get into. Nioh 2 looks really damn cool.

Once I'm done with Catherine I'm in fellas.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Various news:
  • E3 Has been cancelled
  • Google Stadia will miss its target of running Doom Eternal at true 4K. No platform is guaranteed to play at 4K by default. Stadia and X1X will upscale to 4K from 1800p.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Holy shit, Animal Crossing is selling faster in Japan than Pokemon did.
Pokemon Sword and Shield (combined!) sold 1.4m copies in its first 3 days. Animal Crossing sold 1.9m copies in its first three days.
This is the first one I've personally played, I do enjoy it.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Well everyone's home and that might impact sales.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Well everyone's home and that might impact sales.
There's theory that the sales may be bigger than what is reported, due to people buying games digitally to avoid crowds/avoid going out. The sales reported only count physical copies, so the virus might be helping sales, yet could also be hurting them due to digital not being counted. It would help if we knew the amount of digital sales, but not everyone shares them.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Yeah, but you can get physical games shipped to your home and some people (not me) do 1 day shipping.

Its been a long time since I rushed to get a game and that was the Mario All Stars bundle for my Wii with the soundtrack included for free.

I dunno if I still have it or not.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Epic has launched their own publishing label, and they've now signed 3 studios to start it up.
They signed a deal to publish the next two games by Remedy. (Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Control)
They signed Gen Design (The Last Guardian), the studio of Fumito Ueda (Shadow of the Colossus, Ico).
And they've signed Playdead (Limbo, Inside).

Those deals appear to be quite good for the developers at first glance. The devs get to keep all IP rights to what they create, instead of the IP being owned by the publisher. Epic will fund the entire development (salaries, QA). The profits from each games appear to be split 50/50 between Epic and the studios.

6901 - 6920 of 6955 Posts