Next Generation Emulation banner

6881 - 6900 of 6981 Posts

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
Earlier this week I played both Halo Reach, and played the recent Call of Duty for the first time. I found CoD to be more unforgiving of mistakes, as a mistake meant a death, while Halo Reach gave you a cushion to give you a second chance. I would also say that Metro Exodus was far far more unforgiving than Halo Reach, so I can't agree that it's harder or require more skills than any modern shooter.
Reach is probably the easiest Halo game to be honest... It doesn't have anything like The Library from CE or The Gravemind from Halo 2.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Waiting for a proper tech breakdow of the XSX, I don't want to keep reading PR statements as news.

8k gaming lmao yeah right

4k 60fps I'll believe to a certain degree, but not with raytracing.

Pre-rendered trailers lmao

The idea of the machine is pretty cool tho.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,911 Posts
I find fascinating how DF take a youtube trailer to analyze the game.... that being said I don't think we will get any proper tech info at this point in time but simply PR bullcrap and youtubers/websites hungry for clicks trying to tell people they have all the infos. MS is holding the info quite tight as it would be foolish to throw out all info knowing Sony is just waiting for that to do some ninja hack.

Anyway... we all know you guys won't buy a Xbox anyway so why bother?

you half-backed ponies!!! :p

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Waiting for a proper tech breakdow of the XSX, I don't want to keep reading PR statements as news.

8k gaming lmao yeah right

4k 60fps I'll believe to a certain degree, but not with raytracing.

Pre-rendered trailers lmao

The idea of the machine is pretty cool tho.
From what they've said, we can expect around 12tflops for the series x, against 6tflops from the XOX. Looking at the tflops performance gave some very accurate predictions for the PS Pro and the XOX previously.

I could see 4k60fps now being feasible and the standard, but 8k is still far away. Even dropping a game running at [email protected] on the XOX to 30fps on the SX wouldn't be enough to make it run at 8k. Seems more likely they'll upscale it.

Maybe they can patch some 360 games to run at both 4K and 8K. They don't really have the details or textures to make real use of 8K, but playing KoToR at 8K could still be an experience just for kicks.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,911 Posts
C'mon guys we are techy guys and know exactly what they mean when they talk about 8k and is not about gaming. Those upcoming consoles have support for HDMI 2.1 which is why they are able to output 8k. Have any of you watched some of the LinusTechTips 8k gaming videos? even a very powerful computer can't deliver that so we know what they are talking about.

Don't get me wrong it just baffle my mind when all of sudden we are so confused over something clear as water.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
C'mon guys we are techy guys and know exactly what they mean when they talk about 8k and is not about gaming. Those upcoming consoles have support for HDMI 2.1 which is why they are able to output 8k. Have any of you watched some of the LinusTechTips 8k gaming videos? even a very powerful computer can't deliver that so we know what they are talking about.

Don't get me wrong it just baffle my mind when all of sudden we are so confused over something clear as water.
I don't think we're confused, we're just discussing the subject.
I don't think it hurts to talk about the details of it, what's feasible and what isn't feasible.

Especially since not everyone on the forum will be a tech guy, and it can be helpful to see other people discuss it.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,911 Posts
I don't think we're confused, we're just discussing the subject.
I don't think it hurts to talk about the details of it, what's feasible and what isn't feasible.

Especially since not everyone on the forum will be a tech guy, and it can be helpful to see other people discuss it.
Am not saying it hurts anything to talk about it and is a great thing :p

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I'm seeing people championing 8k gaming in comments and in real life, it's a subject that isn't explained enough in the PR, it just looks great to have 8k in the news and easily spread misinformation for folks who aren't tech savvy.

Having the spec there from the beginning is a solid thing to have, even if the machine won't output native res, but if they can do some AI upscaling, it will be meaningful for the gaming side of things over the next 5 years, which is pretty tremendous really.

I'll never forget being dejected about my R9 nano being 1.4 spec when I needed 2.0, the power was there but the connection sucked lmao.

I am eager to see if the machine will support 8k movie discs, if they become a thing, Xbox media capabilities since the S has been tremendous and although I'm not interested in the games, the media capabilities holds great value.

There's also a rumour that the new Xbox will have up to 56 custom navi compute units, I find it hard to believe, but if so, this thing is going to have some guts about it. Doesn't bode well for the price however, memory is going to increase in price this year thanks to the demand of the new machines, and if Samsung are going to continue to conveniently having "power outages" to raise the price, I'm really hard pressed to see this machine be a cheap box.

Still, I love the form factor and can't wait to see what it can do. A dedicated Ryzen machine for gaming is going to be pretty bonkers.

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
AMD lied about XBOX One?

Xbox Series X: AMD Admits It Used Fake Renders During Press Conference [UPDATE]
AMD says the imagery used during its press conference is not accurate.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Did I say that I love the box design of the Xbox Series X.

My next rig build will be heavily inspired by it.

Heck if this ran windows I would just buy the damn thing and be done with it.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,911 Posts
Did I say that I love the box design of the Xbox Series X.

My next rig build will be heavily inspired by it.

Heck if this ran windows I would just buy the damn thing and be done with it.
I personally like the design as well but I think MS should've made the case a little more mod-friendly. I wish the case panels to be easily replaceable by using some sort of magnet or something like that. Imagine some nasty custom design that people would come up with.

As for Windows... there are rumors about a "Windows" mode to run Steam and other clients. I personally doubt that is going to happen but if that does happen I think the box is a steal for what it is.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
I personally like the design as well but I think MS should've made the case a little more mod-friendly. I wish the case panels to be easily replaceable by using some sort of magnet or something like that. Imagine some nasty custom design that people would come up with.

As for Windows... there are rumors about a "Windows" mode to run Steam and other clients. I personally doubt that is going to happen but if that does happen I think the box is a steal for what it is.
A windows mode would be excellent, but we've heard similar rumors for the Xbox One (and how UWP would allow people to run every steam games).

I'm in favour of having a Windows mode, it would turn the xbox into a very affordable gaming PC, but right now it comes off as wishful thinking. It sounds more like fans thinking "wouldnt it be cool if...". If we saw some signs (like MS killing the PC Xbox Pass because it would become redundant, or MS creating a new version of W10 which is gaming-oriented and focuses more heavily on the Xbox App, as if it was a console UI) I'd consider it a stronger rumour. If we're lucky MS will see the rumour, see how much people like it, and consider it for the future.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,911 Posts
A windows mode would be excellent, but we've heard similar rumors for the Xbox One (and how UWP would allow people to run every steam games).

I'm in favour of having a Windows mode, it would turn the xbox into a very affordable gaming PC, but right now it comes off as wishful thinking. It sounds more like fans thinking "wouldnt it be cool if...". If we saw some signs (like MS killing the PC Xbox Pass because it would become redundant, or MS creating a new version of W10 which is gaming-oriented and focuses more heavily on the Xbox App, as if it was a console UI) I'd consider it a stronger rumour. If we're lucky MS will see the rumour, see how much people like it, and consider it for the future.
That's a very interesting thought and I think the same way. As of now is just a rumor and as I said I highly doubt is going to happen. However, what we are living right now is something I have never seen before and tbh right now nothing really wonders me anymore. Right now even Sony going more towards PC, MS already made the jump and all sort of weird things. That being said if you ask me 1 or 2 years ago I would probably said "HELL NO!" but right now I would say "HMMMM.... MAYBE".

Out of all generations the upcoming one is shaping up to be one of the weirdest we have seen so far so I expect everything.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Geforce Now is being released.
Free access: can open a 1 hour session. Can have as many 1 hour sessions as you want.
Paid: 5$, unlimited access, "RTX On".

They show the paid membership as being a temporary offer, it will increase eventually.
Subscribing now gets you the 5$ deal + 3 months extra.

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
I stopped liking Fallout with New Vegas. I have every one from the first to New Vegas on GOG. I have III and NV on Steam as well.

They're doing a remake of the first Fallout and its going to be on GOG as well.

6881 - 6900 of 6981 Posts