Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ohana means family...
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any nice music videos on games? i've seen Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel, VIII - Eyes on Me and IX - Melodies of Life only....

·
Registered
302 Posts
--Edit-- Aaaaaand, I just realized that I misread your post. Eep.

Wow, that's a very, VERY big question.

Anyway, I really, really like the works of Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer for the Chrono series. The Chrono Cross OST is the best one, in my opinion, but that doesn't mean Chrono Trigger has a bad soundtrack. Specific tracks to look out for from either would be Memories of Green, Corridoors of Time, Radical Dreamers ~Unstolen Jewel~, and Chronomantique.

The composer of the Final Fantasy series has traditionally been Nobuo Uematsu -- he has, however, left Square-Enix for Mistwalker, a studio made up of Final Fantasy vets. Anyway, although the peices from his soundtracks are great (See: Liberi Fatali [FFVIII]; People of the Far North [FFX]), what I'd really go for are the Piano Collections, which are arrangements of his peices for a solo piano. Maybe it's just my affinity to chamber music, but I love how they sound. In particular, go for the Final Fantasy X-2 Piano Collections (And no, the FFX-2 OST wasn't by Uematsu) and the Final Fantasy X Piano Collections. Those are easily the best arrange albums available for the Final Fantasy series. If you're looking for specific tracks to sample, I'd suggest Paine's Theme from the FFX-2 Piano Collections (A jazzy peice, kind of heavy, but not really) and People of the Far North or To Zanarkand from the FFX Piano Collections.

But really, this is only the tip of the iceberg. You might want to check out http://www.squaresound.com for much, MUCH more information and goodies.

And that was probably MUCH more than you wanted to hear : D.

Oh, and BTW, the Megaman 8 PSFs are the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.