Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a little help

I'm new to xbox emulation I Have a xbox and morrowind game of the year is there any way i can manualy create a ini file for xeon to play it on my pc I have an unlimited amount of free time to try so i want to know please help

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
You could try, but it's very unlikely to work. Xeon was only ever designed to emulate Halo, and hasn't been updated since. .

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
If youre just looking to play the game an unlimited amount of time would be better spent
earning 50 dollars and buying an xbox

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an xbox if you read the post you would know that But I travel alot and i want it on my computer i also have a 360 and a ps2 and a ps1 and a ds and a psp but morrowind is my favorite and i dont like the pc based one so my only recourse is to get it working on a xbox emulator unless theres a 360 emulator that would let me play my oblivion on it

·
Registered
376 Posts
Uh... Oblivian is available for PC and runs great even on certain netbooks (specifically E-350 powered ones).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Usually Dont Play The Pc Versions Controller Support isn't That Great and i dont like forgetting which keys do what

·
Registered
376 Posts
Then just map the keyboard commands to the controller. Here's a step-by-step guide on what you need to do:
Oblivion:Controls - UESPWiki

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanxs I'll Buy it for pc can morrowind be configured for a madcatz 360 controller or any controller for that matter I'll Buy a different controller if necessary but i always had to use the mouse to look up and down and i hate that

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
I know this topic is a bit old, but I'll go ahead and say this as the exact same idea occurred to me.

Writing an .ini file for Xeon is not really a difficult thing to do (as long as you know where each function is located and point to it's proper location. The big issue is running into a function that is not HLEd/supported by Xeon. For instance, when programming in Xbox Direct3D, you may be expecting to find "D3DDevice::present" when in fact, you're really calling D3DDevice::Swap (which was not used in XDK 3911, IIRC). So in short, you are only limited to the functions that were used to HLE Halo. If the game you wish to emulate uses any other functions, then you're out of luck.

Hope that was a good enough explanation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts