Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I hope some hero can help me here... I’m trying to play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature and it’s all ok for a few “in game days” and after day 4 or 5 the game simply freezes out of the blue (I think it’s always at some point in the afternoon). It’s not a cutscene or loading screen, if I just stand still the game ends up freezing. I have almost none understanding of the settings, I just followed some guides to set everything up and I even tried changing some settings by myself and nothing worked. If anyone have any idea how I can fix this I’m all ears.

I’m using an ordinary notebook, no fancy graphic card or anything but it’s enough to run the emulator, I don’t thing the issue have anything to do with my notebook specs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Are you using cheats? Are you using save states? If you are using both or either then that is usually the problem. I was going to say switch to using Retroarch if you want either or both to work with allot less issue but that depends on the spec on the notebook and what settings you should use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using cheats? Are you using save states? If you are using both or either then that is usually the problem. I was going to say switch to using Retroarch if you want either or both to work with allot less issue but that depends on the spec on the notebook and what settings you should use.
I’m testing playing without save states to see if this is the issue, if I recall I used to play using cheats and no save state and it used to work. How good is this Retroarch compared to ePSXe?

·
Not a Registered User
1,429 Posts
I’m testing playing without save states to see if this is the issue, if I recall I used to play using cheats and no save state and it used to work. How good is this Retroarch compared to ePSXe?
Do you have a bios file? also make sure you have HLE emulation disabled in BIOS settings.
Alternatively give Duckstation a try.
It's a new PS1 emulator but it's very fast developing and gives both ePSXe and RetroArch run for their money.

Worst case scenario it may just be a bad rom of the game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts