Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just need some help with Duckstation, please.

When playing 3D games on Duckstation, the draw distance now seems very short, and sprites are displayed over characters in the foreground.

Please see the screenshot from Syphon Filter as an example.

I had been adjusting some settings but had forgotten what settings I had changed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Not a Registered User
1,628 Posts
Enhancement -PGXP settings, disable PGXP depth buffer, this feature has very low compatibility and requires fine tune adjustment for some games.

Best to just leave it off

For PGXP settings it's generally safe to enable Geometry correction, Culling correction and Texture correction.

The rest aren't really needed or generally safe.
Preserve Projection Precision saves some performance at the costs of precision and can break certain things like life bars or loading bars.

Depth Buffer even further corrects polygons from colliding with one another but it's not generally safe and requires fine tuning for some games in advanced settings.

CPU mode offers even better precision for all the PGXP features but it's very CPU demanding and generally the difference is minimal, best to leave it off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Brilliant! that has solved the graphical issue I was having (nicely explained too!).
Apologies, I have another issue. Muppet Monster Adventures - seem to be getting a lot of tearing of the polys in the landscape of this game. I thought there may have been a setting to solve this.

Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Not a Registered User
1,628 Posts
For that one you have to turn off PGXP geometry correction or Culling correction, don't remember which.

PGXP is a neat feature fixing some of the biggest flaw of the ps1 but it's not a flawless feature especially with games that have their own form of corrections function, for example the Spyro games have their own texture correction which then is broken by PGXP texture correction glitching near textures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts