Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What game controllers do you guys recommoned for Epsxe?

I have a Saitek P750 and am looking forward to getting another controller. Whats the best one in your opinion?

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by linkboy321
What game controllers do you guys recommoned for Epsxe?

I have a Saitek P750 and am looking forward to getting another controller. Whats the best one in your opinion?
The Original PSX Controller. :)

You can find adaptors to hook it in a PC.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power Gamepad"

That's my fav for it. It's got for the most part the same layout as the original dual shock controllers.

Has the "R3" & "L3" buttons by pushing in the analog sticks (so you can play Ape Escape :))

A bit larger (good for my big hands).

A bit heavier.

Only one face button that you can use as "start".

Two additional buttons for your ring -or- middle fingers (depending on how you hold it. Sounds weird but they are lower than the top two shoulder buttons, and on their own "step", and it isn't uncomfortable). I use the left one for my select button.

And the d-pad IMO is better than Sony's Dual Shock Controller.

I personally prefer playing with this controller more than I do playing on my PSone or PS2 controllers. The analog sticks aren't as stiff, my hands don't feel so cramped together, & the grip on the gamepad is much better.

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad... it's ok works fine. But I really doubt that there's a better controller than the actual psx dual shock gamepad! :p

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
I personally like the Gravis GamePad Pro USB. It is exactly like the digital-only psx pad, so no ape escape. I have also manufactured a few adapters for the dual shock controller, and am currently prototyping a 5.25 bay interface featuring 2 mem card readers and 2 joy plugs. I plan on making a webpage to show off my stuff, but haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by Zeke_D
I personally like the Gravis GamePad Pro USB. It is exactly like the digital-only psx pad, so no ape escape. I have also manufactured a few adapters for the dual shock controller, and am currently prototyping a 5.25 bay interface featuring 2 mem card readers and 2 joy plugs. I plan on making a webpage to show off my stuff, but haven't gotten around to it.
would those happen to be playsaver and dpadpro devices? or ar they something different altogether..

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
Well I happen to be an amateur pc board designer, and I love to design boards. The interface for the dpad is dpadpro - its a shame they stopped updating the software. and I am working on modifying the dex drive circuitry. I am not familiar with playsaver though, what is it?

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
I did a google search for playsaver, and found the site. it is a much simpler design than dex drive, I will need to look into it.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
the playsaver is a DIY dexdrive device. the only problem is that the drivers are dos based so they dont work very well in 2k/xp. it would be really interesting if someone could work out a way to update all these drivers to the nt kernel, especially the dpadpro since the nt version floating around is a hack of an old driver. i know theres a "giveio" type driver thing but i could never get it to work.

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
Well the playsaver circuit is actually quite simple, i would prefer to support that software than dex drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm using a Logitech Wingman RumblePad it's more like a saturn controller but i like it so when i switch to a Fighting game i don't have to mess with the buttons to much plus it has analog. I barely use it though.

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
In fact, here is the scematic to a board I had made awhile back:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
The standard Microsoft SideWinder with ten buttons does pretty well. I concur with Felipe's thoughts, though.
I also have a Sidewinder Gamepad Pro, it's pretty good too.

[]s Badaro

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
And I have a sh**ty Genius Maxfire g-09d... No win2k or xp support, pretty bad if you ask me. Only bought it because I didn't knew how bad it was... At least has 10 buttons, so I can play with digital controler in PSX.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts