Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah... wasn't really sure what to name this thread, but I wanted to throw this out there.

My first thought... I'm surprised there isn't a sub-board here for game compatibility threads. It would really help to keep track of them better, instead of them being mixed in with everything else. It's definitely convenient that John Peterson created a thread to try and keep track of them, but it'd be a lot easier to have a sub-board where these threads get moved to. A setup like the one we have here works quite well, though it'd be nice if the game ID or at least the region were in the title of the thread too. Even without that, a sub-board would be extremely convenient (and easier to navigate for those who want or need to read them).

Also... might be convenient to have a master list for game compatibility (which would go hand-in-hand with that sub-board). It would be maintained by one person (or a small group if desired), and would contain vital keypoints for each reported game (version(s) tested on, region (or game ID), state of functionality, and key notes related to playability). A good example would be something like this.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if these things were suggested before, but I didn't find anything in the small search I did. The first suggestion would definitely be nice (and easy to do), and would only require a moderator or two to keep an eye on (to remove threads that don't belong there, and move threads that *do* belong there), though I would certainly offer my non-moderator assistance in keeping an eye on things.

I honestly wouldn't mind taking up the task of the second suggestion (creating the list). Though doing something like that... I'd like to see what the general feedback on something like that is first. The only problem I'd see with making the list, is that there are so many games that work differently in different revisions that it'd be difficult to keep track of all that. But I'd make an honest effort to do so either way.

So... what does everybody think?

Edit: And yes, I know there's a compatibility thread for Wii games, but this list would be for both GC and Wii of course.

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@JoonKimDDS: I appreciate the thought, but you should really create a separate thread (with the console, title, and region in the thread title, and all relevant details like settings and revisions tested) for that information. This thread is just for throwing my suggestions out there, and even if it was all approved and set into motion, this thread would not be, in any way, a place to post compatibility reports, but rather just a discussion of the suggestions in my first post.

@MisterMr: Ahh... I wouldn't have known that, since I haven't been able to access the main site last night or today. I'll have to take a look at that when the site is finally back up again. :D

Edit: Just thought to ask... since the main site is currently down, I'm wondering... is the compatibility list any more updated than the few lists here? Because the lists here have reports that are mostly from revisions in the 1000-1400 range (which is pretty old at this point), and haven't been updated in weeks or months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts