Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
If you own the game, ripping is just fine - the emu even has native support for it. Just run BlindRead/Write or Goldenhawk CDRWin and create a .bin file (or a bwt file, the format is the same). Then, instead of running the CD, hit run iso, and point to your "ripped" game. That's it! The advantage? Most of the time (99.999%+), I have been able to run games that were "damaged" by doing this. I then immediately back it up on another CD (as I HATE having more than 25 images on my hard drive at a time), and it should run fine (if the reading software read w/o errors).

For error handling, I believe BlindRead/Write is the better option.

Good luck!

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
No...if BlindRead says that it got an error-free image, then it got a perfect image...which means that the problem goes beyond just being a bad CD. If you can, try another machine...see if the same thing happens. I know that game has many, many endings, maybe it's also possible you found one that ePSXe doesn't emulate...also, try using FPSE, AdriPSX, etc., and if you have VGS, try that too.

Upon failing that, I believe that ePSXe has a place where you can mail save-states that freeze on you in the interests of improving the emu... Maybe you found one such problem... maybe you're using a Kalisto copy... maybe it's just a driver problem... maybe this... maybe that... I can't say. If you do send a save-state, be aware that the problem will still not be solved until possibly at the next release.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
after just-beating the time-devourer, u just see the credits, that ending sucks...

do the chrono-cross spell (its preety complicated, so check a walktrough) to get a decent ending (it may work like that) and after seing the ending if it freezes just Dload a save game w/ newgame + (if u need one just tell me :) )

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by Asfaloth
Takes a lot of guts to admit that, Neo... I'm impressed. Sorta.
ehehe
i dindt bought it ;) a friend of mine did and i just copied it from him, i was tired of waiting 4 it to reach portugal ;)
anyway, i buy that games that deserve to be bought, and FF9 isnt one of those...

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had a nacked copy of Xenogears (sorry nowhere sells it, i had to get a copy). the first cd was scratched to hell, and it was randomly locking. and when i tried to make a .bin i got bad sector errors too.
What you want to do is use CDRWin and you can actually select for it to ignore errors and continue regardless. I did this, and used the
iso and i played right thru the game with no problems. I cant see
why the same wouldnt work here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts