Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
I'd say the DS4P if they're both the same price to you.

They're pretty much identical but the DS4P has Xfire. So if you plan on going dual GPUs in the future, not having to buy a new board would be nice.

The UD3R has a nice little security feature for locking your computer... Don't know if you'll ever use it though. Most of those gimmicks are completely ignored.

· Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
From what I've read from owners...yes.

They use the same chipset and overclock nearly identically. Those slight differences in overclocking usually has to do with the other components of the system, like RAM.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
The DS4P (at my store) has Dual Gigabit LAN (X2) and DOLBY HOME THEATER

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Gameman stop getting hung up on the window dressing.

I also say DS4P though, just seems like a little better...heck we can't even get the board here at the moment...only the DS3R and the UD3P

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
It's not window dressing to me mate... I have a full Home Theatre setup, minus a rear channel or two..and the difference between between what I got now versus the old p4p80se...

If you like musical resonance it's bound to help...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
If you're an audiophile then you're wasting your time when looking at onboard sound anyways, what you want then is a seperate sound card.

Thus it is window dressing.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Well I think for Dolby Laboratories to put their respected insignia or name on a board is impressive and speaks volumes about the sound quality you could achieve...

I've been using Dolby products for years since I was 15 or 16....they got great noise reduction and their AC3 sound is spectacular on DivX players...

But that's just me...

i use a lot of Library and Production Music for videos I do for jobs and Dolby comes through everytime....

Doesn't work as well on mainstream music though, unless it comes with it.....

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Lol, it's not a seal of approval, it's merely a supported feature which pretty much any 5.1 audio device has, so pretty much every onboard these days and all seperate sound cards can output that type of Audio.

You know...how dozens of PSUs are SLI compliant or CrossFire compliant, or how how pretty much every component these days has a Vista compliant logo...

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
To each his own......I personally think the "Glass is half-FULL"...

That's all...the more features the better....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

· Banned
35,081 Posts
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you crack me up Gameman. Please, stop talking now and listen for awhile so that you may learn things while not feeding crap to potential buyers.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
what do you think I am some kid??????

Show some respect...

I know a lot more with my 14 and 12 years than some of you 20 year old kids will ever know....

I've actually ran a business and been in charge of people.... I do know something about value... and moreover I know more about life...

You people are still young....but one day you'll learn..there's more than being "just the biggest brain" on some anonymous hardware forum....

There's real life experience..... and wisdom....

· Banned
35,081 Posts
onboard audio, sucks big time. Sure it works, usually where addin cards fail. But the quality is subpar, as are the majority of the features.

.....i couldn't bring myself to listening to my midi collection on a fontless midi output again... i'd cut my ears off.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts

· Banned
35,081 Posts
what do you think I am some kid??????

Show some respect...

I know a lot more with my 14 and 12 years than some of you 20 year old kids will ever know....

I've actually ran a business and been in charge of people.... I do know something about value... and moreover I know more about life...

You people are still young....but one day you'll learn..there's more than being "just the biggest brain" on some anonymous hardware forum....

There's real life experience..... and wisdom....
It annoys me to no end, when "adults" say **** like that, when in the day of today, it really means jack ****. It just tells me they are narrow and set in their own ways, with no chance of educating them otherwise, which always leads to problems later on.

I personally don't care about your background, your experience, or your history, All i care is that you're providing false information, and show a clear lack of actually researching what you say.

Suffice to say, over 30% of the userbase here, is "experienced" enough to steal the jobs of several IT/Tech support companies, 10-15% to start a quality gaming prebuilt company, and the rest is either absent, or only here for the help with their illegalz romz.

As for life, don't talk **** like that, as if you know the lives the people around here actually have. Until you've been socially outcast after being savagely mauled, left with anxiety and confidence issues caused by the drug the kids generation, been left behind after the death of friends through murder or suicide.... yeah.. Don't even ****ing start with me.:dead:

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
That means nothing to me....:dead::dead::dead:

it wasn't listed on the site at my computer store there mate....

There's problem number one. Only get the product name from the store. Then check the manufacturer's website immediately to check what you're really getting, and then check reviews to see if it's as good as you think it is. Also check all the invidual little features and to find out what it is they actually do and if it is what you want.
For instance when you bought your graphics card you should have googled the 9800GTX+ on nVidia's website, then googled to find out what CUDA is, googled to find out what PhysX is, googled to find out what DirectX 10 is and only then can you even begin to make an informed decision and start checking reviews.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
OP

If overclocking is the goal, while those boards will provide "decent" levels, they will not get you anywhere close to what the P35 can offer.

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
Suffice to say, over 30% of the userbase here, is "experienced" enough to steal the jobs of several IT/Tech support companies, 10-15% to start a quality gaming prebuilt company, and the rest is either absent, or only here for the help with their illegalz romz.

Well then perhaps it's time they got a life and actually did something instead of spouting know it all mentality to each and every user and getting off on it as if they were only 7 years old.....:(:(:(:(:(

There's problem number one. Only get the product name from the store. Then check the manufacturer's website immediately to check what you're really getting, and then check reviews to see if it's as good as you think it is. Also check all the invidual little features and to find out what it is they actually do and if it is what you want.
For instance when you bought your graphics card you should have googled the 9800GTX+ on nVidia's website, then googled to find out what CUDA is, googled to find out what PhysX is, googled to find out what DirectX 10 is and only then can you even begin to make an informed decision and start checking reviews.
I did that, but in the reverse order...

The only thing I didn't know about was the CUDA....but I didn't need it anyway....

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.