Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G4 screws Unscrewed and The Screen Savers

G4 has nailed the last nail in the entity that was once TechTV by cancelling Unscrewed and making changes to the staff on TSS. Kevin rose spoke a little about on his blog.

Here's what he had to say on the matter.

Television is a crazy business - when you start a new show, you know one day that show will be canceled, and you will be out of work. Some shows last 6 episodes, others last 6 years. That’s just the way it is..

Today many of my friends were let go as the network made changes to revamp for new shows. Unscrewed was canceled, and The Screen Savers is being revamped.

The Screen Savers -
As I’m sure many of you have heard, we lost Alex, Dan, Yoshi, and several behind the scene producers… I know you all have tons of questions, and I don’t know much at this point. I’ve been told there are going to be more darktips, and that the show will still have a tech focus. That’s about it. The new show will continue after the Thanksgiving break. I’ll keep you posted as more develops – it’s time to go drink.
You can read his blog here:
kevin rose dot com

Even though I'm upset with this latest change I shouldn't be suprised since G4 took over Techtv. I'm even more upset that I won't be able to see my favorite techtv gal Laura Swisher anymore. :cry: Not to mentioned losing one of the best modders I've seen in Yoshi. I just hope g4 don't mind their fourms being crispy for a while. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Looks like cancelled my subscription to that channel just in time.

After the merge I was exited to see more agmes. What I later learned after watching was that it sucked. I can get faster news and more material from the internet. G4 totally ruined what was a great network. I thought the new Screen Savers sucked as it stood anyways. Now I bet it will be even worse with these 'changes'

Blah. If I were one of you guys that still gets the show and are dissapointed I would cancel the channel.

I already canceled and wrote a huge ass e mail to them - which they still havn't responded to yet.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
zman982 said:
G4 has nailed the last nail in the entity that was once TechTV by cancelling Unscrewed and making changes to the staff on TSS. Kevin rose spoke a little about on his blog.

Here's what he had to say on the matter.

You can read his blog here:
kevin rose dot com

Even though I'm upset with this latest change I shouldn't be suprised since G4 took over Techtv. I'm even more upset that I won't be able to see my favorite tech gal Laura Swisher anymore. :cry: Not to mentioned losing one of the best modders I've seen in Yoshi. I just hope g4 don't mind their fourms being crispy for a while. :lol:
Laura Swisher wasn't a tech girl....at all...she was a comedian (some of her skits were on comedy central) but she had nothing to do with technology aside from being an assistant on a comedy show. That does suck though...G4 can suck my balls.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Alex and Yoshi were hella cool.. :cry: I would so love to meet Yoshi and discuss modding. God he owned.

Well, as long as Morgan isn't cut anytime soon I'll be ok. I do agree, G4 has totally screwed TechTV over.

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N1ghtw0lf said:
Laura Swisher wasn't a tech girl....at all...she was a comedian (some of her skits were on comedy central) but she had nothing to do with technology aside from being an assistant on a comedy show. That does suck though...G4 can suck my balls.
Damn missed that one n1ghtw0lf, thanks for pointing my other typo should've been techtv. That's what i get surfing the net at 2 in the morning. :p I also heard she went to clown college before landing the gig on unscrewed but i have to go back and check on that.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah this sucks so much. I just read about this on Kevins blog. All i can say everyone should stop watching the G4 and hope it disappears. But you can't competely blame G4 b/c its the orginal owner of Techtv that sold the channel in the first place. Well guess there is one less show i'm gonna watch.

·
Registered
356 Posts
techtv started going down hill after Leo left, then Patrick. Now The Screen Savers is a shell of it former self. I question why the would get rid of Dan and Yoshi. And Unscrewed is slightly lacking but come on what going to fill a 11:30 spit, more anime or maybe robot wars. This is all BS and If I ever meet any of those guys who merged techtv and g4 together, There will be a wooping.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of Unscrewed, but I agree that Laura Swisher was the hottest female on G4. It's a shame about the Screen Savers though... it's the only show I watch(ed) with any regularity. Actually, I like Icons alot, but they don't show it that much. I mean, I like how G4 is all about games, but the shows are so cheesy and poorly written that as much as I TRY to like them, I can't stand them for more than a few minutes.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Psh, Morgan owns Laura. :D

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
I hated G4 even before they bought out TechTV and completely ruined it. I thought it was the most sh***y video game channel anyone could ever make. Even the video game award show they had sucked. I absoleutly refuse to watch G4Tech (I even hate calling it that) unless X-Play is on but they will probably end up canceling that too.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Ya because it isn't the "style" they're looking for ... G4 licks balls. I don't think they even know what gamers actually want. At least what TechTV covered for gaming was humurous :)

Anyways Morgan Webb is teh sexy ... kthx

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
I watched about 10 mins of G4 the other day when I was at my aunt's hosue and they had this one black actress on there(I forget her name. She's famous for being the only black love interest on Friends) and she was a total b*tch! She started saying that all gamers were pasty and pimply faced. I promptly changed the channel and thought to myself, "What kind of dumbass producer would let that go on-air?"

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
DarkAurora said:
I watched about 10 mins of G4 the other day when I was at my aunt's hosue and they had this one black actress on there(I forget her name. She's famous for being the only black love interest on Friends) and she was a total b*tch! She started saying that all gamers were pasty and pimply faced. I promptly changed the channel and thought to myself, "What kind of dumbass producer would let that go on-air?"
That was Aeisha Tyler (dunno how to spell first name). SHe was also talking smack about ramen (no pun). G4 is crap compared to what techtv was. Fresh Gear, Tech Live, TSS, X-Play, Unscrewed, and Call for Help...Those were the days...

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
DarkAurora said:
i know her, i hate that b*t*h too.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
She was also trying to say how she had a kick-ass TV and stuff. Her setup sucked. If I had her money, I would have me a nice 60-inch widescreen plasma and a very nice 7.1 surround sound system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts