Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!I have been using nullDC for quite some time now,best emulator on the planet!:thumb:I only have one problem/quip with something that should be implemented IMHO.See I have a first gen Logitech G15 gaming KB.I think that it is the perfect KB ever made for gaming.Now what I'm getting at is that the KB has something in common with the DC,it has a monochromatic screen perfect for emulating the VMU screen on the KB,which displays certain data from supported games.I am asking if there are any talented people that would be able to make some kind of VMU plugin so I can see the VMU screen on my KB whilst playing my DC games in total Full screen?I'm sure its possible to make this work.I think it would also make playing the DC games with my 360 controller and viewing the data on my KB screen feel that much closer to playing my most beloved gaming system on earth!:idea:

Please post your comments and ideas on why or why not you support this idea or not.I have googled for something like this but it was fruitless and apparently nobody has come up with a plugin for the KB.I don't know if anybody else thought about this but it just makes sense.

Thanks guys for making DC games so compatible on pc now,and keep up the great work!Peace,Anthony:beer:

+
= WIN! ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I doubt it. Gamepad support is only included because it's in high demand(and even then it got compiled out of the latest version by accident - raz doesn't care for them). However, I remember something about him releasing the plugin spec once he's finalized it.

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wonder if somebody with some knowledge of G15 boards and scripting might know how one could go about learning to program this themselves?I mean I really want this very very bad lol!I might be able to give somebody a brand new 600w cooler master psu if they could make this a reality.I got sent 2 by mistake when I RMA'd mine last month lalz!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well I wonder if somebody with some knowledge of G15 boards and scripting might know how one could go about learning to program this themselves?I mean I really want this very very bad lol!I might be able to give somebody a brand new 600w cooler master psu if they could make this a reality.I got sent 2 by mistake when I RMA'd mine last month lalz!
You should learn to program, no one will make that for a emulator to emulate a vmu on a g15 keyboard, the odds of that is small, not that much high demand in that department other than asthetics.

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey,as long as you guys are taking notice that's all I can ask for.It just bugs me that I cant see the VMU screens whilst Full screen in game lol,and I have that almost useless monochromatic screen just sitting there mocking me any chance it gets hehe. ;)

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well sorry for a double post,But just asking you if you ever looked at the vmu thing?I'm definitely not trying to rush you,although I do know that people can loose track of things after a while hehe. ;) Again just seeing whats up PsyMan.Take care and peace bro.

Edit;
Hey guys I have also started a thread on a potential comeback from Sega into the Console market and "Rumors" that are quite promising as I read more into the facts.
http://forums.ngemu.com/hardware-di...dge-ringwide-closest-thing-dreamcast-2-a.html

Let me know what you guys think about the possibility of a return to the Console market by Sega.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Actually I didn't look at it yet. The "problem" is that I don't have access to a G15 so I can't actually verify what I'll be doing.
Do you know if there is some sort of virtual G15 driver for simple keyboards? Or an application of some kind? Having a virtual G15 LCD output on the screen would be... handy.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Actually I didn't look at it yet. The "problem" is that I don't have access to a G15 so I can't actually verify what I'll be doing.
Do you know if there is some sort of virtual G15 driver for simple keyboards? Or an application of some kind? Having a virtual G15 LCD output on the screen would be... handy.

theres an sdk available....

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
If you install G15 drivers and right click on the "Logitech LCD manager" in the tray while holding Shift + Ctrl you will see an option to open a virtual LCD.
That would be helpful... if is works without actually having the said keyboard.

theres an sdk available....
No joke... and I thought that the development libs are send by god or some sort of extraterrestrial.

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
If you install G15 drivers and right click on the "Logitech LCD manager" in the tray while holding Shift + Ctrl you will see an option to open a virtual LCD.
Oh holly hell that looks awesome!That was totally unbeknownst by me!

but how much would it cost?
I bought mine for around $100 2 years ago.They should be like $69 now I think is what I saw in the paper.

No joke... and I thought that the development libs are send by god or some sort of extraterrestrial.
Hehe,you are killin me man!:lol:

Well ya that's good to hear that you can see the lcd whilst "virtually" on the monitor screen.I hope that can help you enough at least.Oh,and good luck on it also!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
I have some bad news, the latest G15 driver that Logitech provides comes with an LCD emulator... that works only if you actually have a G15 connected.

And some more bad news... fortunately for you, older G15 drivers come with an LCD emulator that works on every system, even without having a G15 connected. The bad news were that I had to spend quite some time to find the "right" drivers.

Looks like you are lucky or something cause I was not planning to look at it without being able to see what I do. Only thing remaining is actually doing it... that would take from a couple of hours to a couple of months, depending on my mood and such. :p

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha well hot dawg you are a very nice man for actually going through all that trouble bro!I think that this will be good news for G15 nullDC gamers indeed!Also if you need me to test anything out then let me know and I will help you to figure out whats working and whats not with it.Just send me a pm and I will be more than happy to help you test it!Peace. ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.