Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I'd like to start the thread to share with everyone any scenes or plots in RPGs that would be funny and unforgettable. If you have something that you find it funny whenever you play an RPG, feel free to share it in this thread. Here, I would start with one scene I remember. It's from an old game, Breath of Fire II on SNES.
When Prince Jean (the frog) was framed, his sister (forgot her name) tried to defend him, and a cooking contest was held between him and the real imposter. The real prince should be able to cook the best meal especially the Gold Fly Pudding. To help Prince Jean, Hero and his party went to look for the ingredients including worms and something else (I forgot, but it's certainly gross). After Prince Jean and the imposter finished their cooking, the judges taste the foods and made their decision. Unfortunately, the judges have been blackmailed, and they said that the food cooked by the imposter was the real heritage of the family. Knowing the treachery, Prince Jean's sister, the princess tried to convince their father, the King to taste the food and prove his innocent. Unfortunately again, the King has been hypnotized, and announced that the imposter to become heir of the throne. Finally, the princess persuaded Hero to taste the food to help Prince Jean as a friend. In hesitation, Hero eat all the food. But remembering about the ingredients (worms, fly, etc.), Hero started to throw up all the food that he ate. The princess didn't believe her eyes that her brother's own friend would turn back on him. But, like we all knew, Hero didn't mean to do that. The food is really gross (for us maybe, but not for the frogs).
I laugh for myself when remembering the scene. The real funny part is when Hero throw up.
Send your funny scene here and make it an unforgettable memory.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
there are so many funny scenes in RPGs hard to pick, but I think one of my favs is the VERY beginning of Baldur's Gate 2, when you get Minsc mad enough that he breaks out of his cell, I really wasn't trying to release his beserker strength, just wantsed to piss him off,. Another great part is Minsc's pet hamster, ever read the discription for that? I think it goes like

"While Minsc believes Boo to be a minature giant space hamster, you are fairly certain that it is just an ordinary rodent."

CLASSIC

·
Registered
44 Posts
jesus now that i remember that that is one of the funniest minsk's spoken dialogue in the game is hilarios too

GO FOR THE EYES BOO THE EYES......

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Ryoga: I think just about every dialogue Minsc has is pretty interesting, especially his last line in the final act of BG2 (not counting expansion).

***small spoiler***

You know, the line that says "Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!!" That cracked me up.

***end small spoiler***

Of course, the Megatokyo parodies of said Boo and Minsc are funnier, but the originals are pretty good. :)

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
I dont remember well , but in BG2 , the part where you had to use Minsc to prove to a pirate of some sort that youre crazy to enter Irenicus' place to save Imoen was funny too :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
been plaes Tales of Eternia, and there are some REALLY funny scenes there, Like Max is hilarious, first time you meet him, all he says is Yeah, in different ways, sort of like someone would say Dude. The he finally speaks and says somethine like, "That's about it, we want your help to overthrow Balir. And then, its world domination." You simply reply that well, we will help you with the Balir part, cuz we don't like him either, as for world domination, you are on your own. Its hilarious

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The funniest scene that i ever saw in Rpg Games is one from Grandia:....When Justin and Feena are going down inside the ghost ship walking in a piece of wood.....(in the darkness) Justin touches something and say: "What is this....Its so Soft an Warm....."....and then Fenna (who is right in front of him) Slap him in his face and says...: JUSTIN!!!! YOU PERVERT!!!!.....(it was her ass.....)
After that they go inside the ship and he says: "What are you complaining, You was right in front of me and then u suddenly stopped.....And then the both start to be shy with a funny red face...."

It was quite funny.....

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hello everyone.
Here is a scene from Final Fantasy VI.
When Cyan and Sabin met with Gau for the first time, Gau would start jumping around Cyan, saying "Thou! Thou! Thou!", which really upset that poor Cyan.
Here is a scene from Breath of Fire 3.
After the party has cleared the lighthouse, eventually they would encounter a group of fairies who are asking for help to defeat their enemy that has been threatening them. The conversation with the dolphin monster is quite funny. The game would even give an option to translate the conversation for those who didn't understand the dialect.

Y

·
0 Posts
I think every RGP have a funny scene, but what do a RPG real funny are the caracters in game, like the three guys in Chrono Cross who fight against Serge all the time, doing only stupid things... without these kind of guys, a RPG don't is so funny!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I like this other line in Tales of Eternia. You JUST find Chat, who is like a 10 year old girl who is a pirate captain. So she has a boat, something you need more than anything else at that point of the game. But the will only let you use it if you become her mates/crew. While discussing whether or not to go along with her, Reid says to go along with he for now, and when they get on to the boat they can "Sieze the Initiative." as he says it. The conversation goes like this.

Keele : You expect us to play pirates and dig for treasure in your backyard? Come on. This is
a waste of time.

Chat : Only if it were in my backyard... Unfortunately, the Legacy of Aifread is scattered
throughout the world. That's why I need a crew for my ship!

Keele : A ship! You've got a ship?! Show us!!!

Chat : I'm afraid I can only show it to you if you agree to become my deck hands.

Keele : Hey, what do we do? Do we listen to the kid?

Farah : Do we have a choice? With a ship, we can cross the sea! We can even go to Peruti.

Meredy : The Legacy of Aifread! It is one of the Seven Treasures of Celestia!!

Keele : But... We've got no spare time for treasure hunting...

Reid : It's okay. Once we have the ship, we'll be able to seize the initiative.

Keele : You're pretty wicked...

Chat : Well? Will you be my deck hands?

Keele : Uh, well... Give us a minute to think.

Chat : No problem. It would be painful for anybody to swallow their pride and work for someone
younger... I'll be waiting in the reception room. Give it a thought, and then let me
know what you've decided.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello everyone.
In my opinion, Tales Of Destiny 2 is one of the RPGs that has lots of funny scene. I still remember about Reid's impression of Keele for the first time in the conversation. It goes something like this "...that crybaby KEELE ZEIBEL?" The way he sound when mentioning the name is quite hilarious.
"World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat." - Quina Quen

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
"You spoony bard!" is not a translation typo. That was an intended change by Ted Woosley. And yes, it is pretty infamous. :p

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
There are many funny aspects story-wise in lots of RPGs, but the first one that comes to my mind is Cloud, messing with Tifa's underwear, in FF7 !! :D ...Tifa did not like this at all, naturally, so she asked Cloud "did you REALLY do this ???" (Cloud was actually telling everyone a story). It was such a silly & funny scene :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello everyone.
This is a funny scene when in BOF4 when Ryu is trying to save Nina by jumping of the cliff. See he landed with his face kissing the ground.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
fujita: They have lots of falling humor in RPGs. They have the same sort of thing in various parts of the second Game Gear Shining Force (stupid monk tripped all the time).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I like the fan translated version of FFIV. When you get back to Baron castle, Parom and Polam tell the captain of the guards his acting was worse than William Shatner's acting. Very funny.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts