Next Generation Emulation banner

2901 - 2920 of 2943 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
I would spend my 5 bucks in Point number 7. A woman who trust me is a woman i can trust. Most of the rest is something you can work on and most specially when you have such a good base.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I remember a few DLCs for Playstation, called Platinum Edition, Special Edition, Dual Shock Edition, Special Missions, International, Director's Cut, differences between regions and so on.

This is not new, have been there for quite a long time.
Those are different, those were improved or fixed versions of the original games or completely standalone games like Special Missions/VR Missions often were. And the reason was that the consoles didn't have online features, meaning no way to fix bugs or adding features(such as Dual-Shock/Rumble support). If developers noticed something wrong or just wanted to add features after the release, they had to make a director's cut version or something similar where it was fixed or improved. Or just let gamers deal with it if the game never sold well in the first place.

But oh, region differences were another thing, these were often related to problems with differing censorship laws or just the basic idea that "US players are too dumb, make it easier"...and no, as stupid as that sounds, I did not make that up. Oh and PAL/NTSC bullshit too...

But you are right, there has been greedy dicks since the beginning, I'm not denying that, just that it's so much worse nowadays. DLC, On-Disc DLC, microtransaction, pay-to-win... and I could go on but I don't see the point.

Oh right, funny picture...MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Those are different, those were improved or fixed versions of the original games or completely standalone games like Special Missions/VR Missions often were. And the reason was that the consoles didn't have online features, meaning no way to fix bugs or adding features(such as Dual-Shock/Rumble support). If developers noticed something wrong or just wanted to add features after the release, they had to make a director's cut version or something similar where it was fixed or improved. Or just let gamers deal with it if the game never sold well in the first place.

But oh, region differences were another thing, these were often related to problems with differing censorship laws or just the basic idea that "US players are too dumb, make it easier"...and no, as stupid as that sounds, I did not make that up. Oh and PAL/NTSC bullshit too...

But you are right, there has been greedy dicks since the beginning, I'm not denying that, just that it's so much worse nowadays. DLC, On-Disc DLC, microtransaction, pay-to-win... and I could go on but I don't see the point.
Its not the same thing the few versions of GT (three or four) with bugfixes (cheap test departament, because the credits of the car wash was pretty obvious) as the Special Missions. I'm not talking about the VR-thing, if they want to keep it in other disc its ok (well, its not ok but ... you know). I'm talking about the new things: clothes, frecuencys, IA, difficult modes, fpv and so on.

Wipeout 3 Special Editions is clearly a DLC, its just a repack with old tracks, old ships and new things that they could include in the retail Wipeout 3. Its not a bad thing coz W3SE is the best spacecraft racing game of all times but its a cheap move and its a DLC, in my opinion.

Freemium model is just an evolution of 3DRealms Shareware model, yes, you obtain the full thing for free, but when the demo is out (when you are out of diamonds, energy, whatever) you will not wait for more, at least most of people dont do that.

·
Aim 4 the stars...
573 Posts
Meanwhile, one of my house mates have been trying to get more organized in life ... as evident from what's on my fridge:

2901 - 2920 of 2943 Posts