Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any would do! I have controllers for PC, so if I could use them that'd be great!
Using an emulator to do so would be fine too.

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Counter Strike (either 1.6 or Source).
Strategy games (Red Alert, Age of Empires and Warcraft 3).

Edit: That's for computer games.
If I'm playing on a console, it's car games most of the time.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Counter Strike (either 1.6 or Source).
Strategy games (Red Alert, Age of Empires and Warcraft 3).

Edit: That's for computer games.
If I'm playing on a console, it's car games most of the time.
Notice the "-no internet" on his/her post...

As for my advice, car games are one good bet as long as they have multiplayer option. Those usually work with one console and game, in split screen...
Team sport games like NHL and Football games are pretty fun with friends if you like sports.
KKND Krossfire(yes its Krossfire with "K") is very good old RTS with two player splitscreen option, its for PSX... Finding it might be hard though.

Never really tried them but there are games like singstar(and the bazillion copy games) that are made for big groups and not for single players, but as far as I know they work best as party games(with booze to maximize the fun:lol:)

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
Never really tried them but there are games like singstar(and the bazillion copy games) that are made for big groups and not for single players
I'm not a music-game-friendly person, but if I'd play Singstar or something like that, I'd rather play them alone. :D

...but as far as I know they work best as party games(with booze to maximize the fun:lol:)
:lol: Just reminded me of a lesson last autumn. We strung some code to SignalMaster and produced echo effects with microphone. My classmate said that she could sing if she'd buy a bottle of clear alcohol (She meant 38%). We others said: "Go ahead, we'll be waiting... ".

BTW: I like to play Quake II and NFS with my friends. GoW2 is also very good with split screen.

NHL and FIFA are also fun for multiplaying.

It would be cool to play Civilization III/IV with friends. Some sleepless nights ahead... :dead:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If you've got multiple computers and a network then that opens up a whole world of possibilities. Some racing games, first person shooters and strategy games are good over the network.

On a single PC? I'd recommend "Battle Painters", "Worms Armageddon" or "Worms World Party", "SNES: Street Fighter 2 Turbo", "SNES: Super Bomberman 2", "Cue Club", "CrimsonLand", "N64: Micro Machines 64". They're all pretty fun. You can also play "Serious Sam" split-screen on the PC if you've got it, but there are better 1PS games.

With a little utility called JoyToKey you can make any game work with the control pad too, so you might wanna bear that it mind.

·
Banned
200 Posts
For me I can't go a day without my Source games..in terms of multiplayer ones..

Team Fortress 2 at least once every 2 weeks is a must for me, it's really a Team Effort not an individual thing, Excessive Cooperation and stradegy is a must, I especially like Custom Maps and 64 slot servers , wicked fun MultiPlayer game, Team Fortress 2 would be the best MultiPlayer game I could recommend.. I also like CS:Source though but only on GunGame Maps or Warcraft Mod, everything else I am excessively bored with, I'd say if you are not having fun with CS:Source, go to a custom map server, Warcraft 3 Mod and GunGame keep me entertained for hours :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to challenge them for Bomberman, but I don't think they'll stand a chance.

Counter-Strike: I don't like shooters too much, mostly because everybody I know is better at them
Age of Empires 2: We have been playing this game via Hamachi/TCP for 3 years. It's the best game, but getting boring.
Spiderman: Could be OK.
Goldeneye: Everybody loves Golden Eye! But we've played 5 minutes and the movement isn't exactly fluent anymore on a 22" screen. Also, the shooting is kind of boring.
I will try Micro Machines and Star Fox 64 for multiplay.

LAN-game submissions are OK, but I just don't find them fun very often. Mostly because my friends would have to make 'major' preparations and most of the times we don't like the game. e.g. neweest Setllers, Rome: Total War, etc.

I am currently downloading Mario Kart Wii! It is said to work on Dolphin without controller, that would be so awesome.
Also downloading Super Smash Brothers Wii and Mario Party Wii.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
LAN? Maybe try out the Command & Conquer games? Total Annihilation is awesome. Personally I'd give Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 a go, those games are really cool. There's also TrackMania Sunrise if you like racing.

Strategy games are the talk of this thread I made if you want some more ideas: Strategy Games

·
Registered
119 Posts
I enjoy stalker clear skys on lan also age of empires 3 is fun but sometimes games tend to last forever which is why im not the bigest fan for rts lan games.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I remember having fun with Mechwarrior 4 and Alien vs Predator 2 over lan back in the day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts