Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the developers seem to be using emulation software instead of hardware chips to emulate their previous consoles. Take Microsofts Xbox 360 for example, in a question and answer done by Team Xbox on how backwards compatibility was progressing, Todd Holmdahl stated that they intended to release emulator profiles through XBL, and have them availible for download so you can copy them to a CD ... then copy the profiles over to the 360. Now with all this freedom we are given, do you believe that fully functional Xbox emulators will begin arriving on PCs soon? Now ... granted the emulator is coded to work on the Xbox360, and it has a GPU thats out of this world, all coders would need to do is look at what specific calls are the emulators making to the xbox hardware. They could inturn tweak their own emulator and or heavily modify the emulator that comes on the Xbox360 to work on windows. After all the the Xbox is running on directx ;) ...

Well, ... its just a theory. Let me know what you guys think about this.
..... on a side note ... I found this while browsing and found it very funny

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Just because the emulator profiles will be available for download does not mean they will be useful for anything else. Or that the emulator’s program itself will be available separately for download. (It is built into the HDD and 360 systems. So like console BIOS you need to buy the equipment first to have access)

Not to mention the fact that it is owned by Microsoft Corporation. So anything you do with it (modify it or take code from it) without consent or a license from the copyright holder, would likely be illegal.

And illegal programs are something we do not support here.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Katsuya said:
Just because the emulator profiles will be available for download does not mean they will be useful for anything else. Or that the emulator’s program itself will be available separately for download. (It is built into the HDD and 360 systems. So like console BIOS you need to buy the equipment first to have access)

Not to mention the fact that it is owned by Microsoft Corporation. So anything you do with it (modify it or take code from it) without consent or a license from the copyright holder, would likely be illegal.

And illegal programs are something we do not support here.
Hey I wasen't asking for a game or anything, I was just checking to see if you guys thought it would be possible for Xbox emulation to be done easier with the release of the emulator profiles. I wasen't advocating/supporting any illegal programs/programing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.