Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm having a weird problem. My pc is very high end and I'm using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9, I even have shaders available. But no matter what I try I can't get it to run on full screen, all it does it is flash repeatedly on the introduction logo. So far I can only get things running on windowed mode.

If you need anymore details please let me know.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
can you post a shot of your video plugin config and what version of epsxe you are trying to use?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, here. The version is 1.7.0. They're pretty medicore settings, anything more and it will start to lag. Which is weird because my pc is high end, perhaps it's a limitation of widowed mode?

I really don't understand why it doesn't play in fullscreen.. -.-

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what are your system specs? have you tried switching plugins?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4 gigs of ram
ATi Radeon 4870 video card
Q6600 processor
Asus P5Q deluxe motherboard
Corsair 620HX power supply

No I haven't tried other plugins yet, I just went with this one because it's preferable for ATi Radeon video cards. What other good plugins do you recommend?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
well for the kind of troubleshooting reasons im suggesting you do this for, what plugins you decide test out do not really matter, the main idea is just to try something other than what you are currently using, thats all that matters. just change to the D3d or OGL1 and see if there is a difference.

what you are looking for here is to see if this issue is limited to the specific plugin you are using now or if this is something that is showing up in everything you try. if its just happening in one plugin then a decent amount of things can be ruled out.

i just want to get this out of the way before suggesting specific changes to your settings because if it turns out that it doesnt work in other ones either, you settings might not be what is causing this at all and it could be actually tied in with your hardware (make sure your display drivers are up to date) or O/S, etc instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
All those other plugins worked fine. The Pete's D3D Driver 1.77, Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77 and Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77 regardless of settings.

But you see I have a powerful pc so I want make the game look as good as it possibly can with shaders. The only game I'm trying to run now is FFIX, and I've seen websites/threads claim that it can look significantly better with the right shader and settings. If you get this working can you help me setup the best look available?

EDIT:

Hey I got it working! Here are the settings I used.
I'm even changing the settings around greatly and it's still running, perhaps I just needed to set the fps limit to 60?

Now I just have try and get it to look better with the right shader, etc. This is another weird thing I wanted to talk to you about. I've been using like nine different shaders and they all look the same to me, except for those really crazy ones like cartoon and storybook. Overall the game just looks average for me, unlike the pictures you see below. My settings are set on pretty high and like I said all shaders do improve the look of the game but not one of them is significantly better then another for me. I mean some people put screen shots that make the game look really smooth, here are some examples.

I've tried those plugins as well, barely any difference from other shaders. But then again they are playing it at very low resolutions, maybe that's why. I'm playing it at 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor so perhaps that's why shaders don't really make the game look that different for me. But if you think you can help me make it look better, please do. xD

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its more likely the fact you were using the auto frame limiter.

you do't want to run a window at the same size as the screen res, since the window is then bigger then the screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts