Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen another topic here from googling, but it didn't really seem to have a clear answer.

Is there any way/any build to allow VBA to keep the correct aspect ratio? Or is there any emulator that will do this?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
nope, once you enter fullscreen its always maxes the vertical without adjusting the horizontal....... gotta look into that.

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
Ooh.

When I play on my lil 4:3 laptop I can see black bars on top & bottom until I check the 'ignore aspect ratio' option.

Looks better with the black bars anyway... the picture doesn't seem to be vertically stretched.

Btw: what's the original GBA screen ratio ?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
if you use a scaling filter it will multiply on top of the video magnification.

.....so.... what we need is a HQ6x filter :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use a widescreen monitor, so will VB-M work for full screen on that? Doesn't sound like it will, but. The one time I tried it, it changed my resolution and I couldn't see anything to fix it... didn't even have a chance to load anything up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I downloaded it directly from the website and now it's working great. Yep, this is perfect!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen another topic here from googling, but it didn't really seem to have a clear answer.

Is there any way/any build to allow VBA to keep the correct aspect ratio? Or is there any emulator that will do this?
Options > Gameboy > Border
This will create a border which I believe gives you the correct aspect ratio (but not in fullscreen).
Then just reduce your system resolution to increase the size of Visualboy Advanced to be as close to full screen as possible. Consider using 2x VBA size or 3x VBA size to find the perfect size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts